The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cursed
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 pm 
Veteran

"How is Cinda getting her freedom?" Devin asked.
Kathleen whipped around to see Devin behind her. He had overheard their conversation. Devin knew that Death and his sister were bound. They were cursed exactly like Rosalynn. He didn't know the one thing that could buy their freedom:the soul of an immortal. The last immortal that had died was more then a thousand years ago, the time where Death was bound. His sister, Cinda, couldn't bear that. She demanded that she be cursed too. However, it wasn't Cinda's choice who regained their freedom. If it was, she have her brother free. All this and more swam in her head.
But all she could say was, "One of my daughters will die soon. I have been told that by Cinda herself. After their death, Cinda or Death will be librated." Kathleen said, being mysterious.
"Did she say who?" Devin asked further.
"No." Kathleeen sighed. "Don't tell them, Devin. They're both getting ready for the mission. Rosalynn especially doesn't need this over her head. Their concentation should be fully into bringing down Ayden.He has hurt too many people that all of them have loved. That you have loved. Go spend some time with your son, Devin. Cinda also said his soul was in danger."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:00 pm 
Veteran

Spindel sat on the ground, cleaning his sword. The sense of deja vu evaded his body. He had been cleaning this sword when he and Rosalynn set out to kill Kathleen. That road of destiny had become so twisted and curved. How would they know that Kathleen was Rosa's mother? That LightningStar was her sister? How would he have found the lost memories of their love? Only one true mystery in his life remained:what the carvings on his sword mean? Was this Devin's sword? A fellow soldier said this was his father's sword. Devin was his father, so it had to be his. Did he understand the celtic runes? Or was it a gift from someone before him? Just as his thoughts went to his father, Devin appeared before the assassin.
"You have my sword. How?" Devin stared in amazement. "I thought that sword was gone forever. A friend of mine who layed dying gave it to me. He told me the marks meant, 'Loved forever or forever lost.' I understood that after I met your mother. Being loved by her made me feel found. Released from the grip of Ayden. However, Ayden didn't see that way. He saw that I wouldn't obey his orders. That your mother was a way for me to rebel against Ayden. After your mother, I felt lost forever."
Spindel glanced down at the words himself. "That's exactly how I feel with Rosalynn. That's why I wasn't willing to lose her. I wasn't willing to be lost." He sheathed the sword. "Now this blade will be a reminder of that. A reminder of how I love Rosalynn and how you loved my mother."
Devin grinned a bit. "I still love her, Spindel. I see her once in awhile. In my dreams, as a Whisperer. She didn't want to appear to you because you didn't know who she was. Wait patiently, son. Soon, she will appear to you too." He placed one hand on Spindel's shoulder in comfort. "Until then, know that I'm glad we're together. I have my son back. Be careful on your mission."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm 
Veteran

Unfortunely, there was one last loose end. It's was Rosalynn's job to tie it up in knots. She didn't want Francesca around. She didn't trust her at all. The woman, who she had trusted like a second mother, tried to kill her. Then again, that was before she knew Kathleen was her mother. She didn't understand her motives. Didn't Francesca care about her? When did she become a piece of meat for slaughter? It didn't make any sense. She walked up to her enemy, ready to confront her. Get the answers that all of sudden meant a lot to her. It was also a great time to test the thorns. The rainbows still flashed on her arms.
"What can I do for you, Rosa?" Francesca asked freely.
"Why did you try to murder me, Francesca? I thought we were friends. I thought we were more then that. I though of you as my mother at the time. Why?" She stretched her arms to her sky, unable to grasp the concept of evil.
"That's an easy question. I wanted your blood, so I can be young and beautiful. I might be immortal dearie, but I don't the looks like you. Yes, I have flawless skin. But I still look like an old granny. I'm not happy with that, Rosa. I want beauty."
"You're so freaking vain, Francesca. I should slit your throat." Her anger piped out. Before she knew it, her thorns bursted out, close to Francesca's throat. That was pretty cool. Mom didn't tell her about that.
"Easy, Rosalynn. You wouldn't want your healer to die, would you?" Francesca grinned.
"Your not my healer anymore, Francesca. If you even come on our mission, I will do what I was about to. I will use a different, better, more loyal healer. You're not the only healer in the world. I hate you!" She walked away, needing to talk to her mother.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 am 
Veteran

After the last prepartioons, the group set out. It was actually a small group. Kathleen had assigned one of her most loyal healers, Jasmine. Rosalynn thought the name totally suited her because she looked like Princess Jasmine. She had deep amber brown eyes with dark hair. Her skin was the color of cocoa. Spindel stood on the other side of Rosalynn. On the left side, LightningStar rode on Snowflake. Jasmine stayed in the back. Rosalynn didn't have any idea how she was going to do this. All she knew was she was suppose to make Ayden's followers rebel. But..that should be easy. If Ayden had destoryed their lives anything like hers..who wouldn't want to slit the bastards throat?

Actually, he had torn up all their lives. She didn't know if he messed up Jasmine's life, knowing him, probably. He was the reason she was cursed. Spindel's mother was dead because of him. And he had killed the love Star's life. LUckily, it wasn't long before they ran into some of Ayden's assassins. Out of reflex, Rosalynn cocooned the group in her thorns, protecting them from the attackers.
"You're don't wanna hurt me friends. Let alone my love." Rosalynn glared at them. She wondered if her pupils were on fire.
"Thorn-woman...we come for help..." One gasped.
She lowered the thorns. "What kind of help?" Spindel came closer to her, his hand on her hilt. She placed his fingers over his. "It's ok, Spin. They need help." He nodded and backed off.
"Ayden...we don't want to work for him anymore. We heard you were trying to take him out. We want the same thing all of us." He grunted.
"What are your names?" Rosalynn glanced at the other two members.
He pointed at himself, "I"m Ty." He pointed to the one on the right with an afro. "That's Ricki." Then he pointed at the skinny one with long hair. "And that's Aaron."
Snowflake trotted a little forward. "Good to meet you." LightningStar said.
"Star?!" Ty sounded shocked.
Star peeked around Snowflake's mane. "Tyler?!" She jumped off Snowflake and ran towards him. She hugged him real tight. Tears springing from her face she whispered, "I can't believe it's you..."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 pm 
Veteran

It had been years since Star had seen her true love. Years ago, she had believed that Ayden slaughtered him. And he probably tricked Star into believing that was the truth. That Jerkface. However, he was holding her in his arms. He was here. She wanted to pinch herself to make sure it wasn't a dream. She didn't understand. How did he survive? Where had he been all this time? Was this truely her Tyler? Or was a fake doppleganger? That couldn't be, it had to be him. She felt the warmth of his body, smelled chocolate Axe on his skin and saw the deep amber of his eyes. There wasn't anything more familiar then those eyes. They had haunted her all her life, drenching her soul in misery. It had to be Tyler. It just had to be!
LightningStar glanced back at her sister. Rosalynn just stared at her love. She must have been feeling the same emotions as Star. The only way the doubts could rest in their mind was his explanation. She stepped back, staring in his eyes, waiting for the answers.
"Where have you been? How did you survive? Did you think of me at all? Did you try to escape? Did you look for me?" A thousand questions bubbled out of her mouth, as if Ty could answer all of them at once.
He just giggled at her. "My shining Star, of course I thought about you. Every time I look at this."

He waved his arm in front of her face, showing off a tattoo. Star recognized it. It was a star, the color of bright sunshine. He had asked for the same color of her hair. Within the center of the star, was a tiny heart. It was his favorite color sapphire. She had been with her when he had gotten that tattoo. He had inked his skin to represent their love.
"I've been a prisoner of Ayden's. He made you think I was dead. But I've been alive all along, Star. He used me against you and Kathleen. He poisoned my mind. I've tried to free myself for years. Star, just now seeing you unleashed the memories from Ayden's chains. He erased all my memories of you. Even when I remembered something about you, I couldn't do anything. The memory would come and I'd realize if I left he'd hunt you. That he would murder you and our child."
"Your child?!" Rosalynn's voice gasped from behind Star.
Star slowly turned to her little sister. "Yes. It had happened after you were cursed, Rose. We weren't really allowed to be together. I was lonely. Then, I met Tyler and we fell in love. We conceived a child but..." She turned back to Tyler. "But I lost her. Ayden attacked me and I was deeply wounded. I survived..." A tear fell down her face. "But I lost our baby...."
Tyler hugged her tight. "It's ok, Star. It's ok. We'll get him back. We'll avenge our daughter's death." He stared past her shoulders to Rosalynn and Spindel. "Won't we?" He stared at them with hope.
"Unfortunely, we're avenging many people's deaths." Spindel spoke up. "He murdered my mother. Rosa's guardian animal help us escape Ayden's clutchs. He had to give up his spirit in return." Spindel glanced at the other men. "I'm sure he's taken away your loved ones too."
They both nodded gently, obviously not wanting to talk about it. One of them said, "Tyler knows all about it."
Tyler stared at Rosalynn and Spindel again. He nodded, holding a sobbing Star.
Spind spoke up again, "Star is like a sister to me, so it is if Ayden killed my niece. That, my mother and the fact that he cursed Rosalynn, I want to slice open that son of goomba's throat."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am 
Veteran

The mission had been accomplished in a way. They had been sent to find rebels and they did. Just 3 men, but still it counted. Ty had become ne of Ayden's right-hand men in the past several decades. He knew Ayden's weaknesses and what could kill the d-bag. However, they weren't just easy-peasy things. According to Tyler, they needed a certain magical blade. A blade that can only be given by a whisperer. At the sound of that, Rosalynn groaned.
"What?" Ty looked at her, confused.
"Why can't it be easy? Like just cutting his chest open? Why does it have to be we have to walk miles just to get a sword? A sword that we might not even be able to contain. It feels like I've been on this quest for months! Now I know how Frodo and Sam felt walking to Mordor!" Rosalynn yelled, frustrated.
"Rosa, calm down." Spindel soothed. "We actually only been away from a few weeks. Two or three months at the most." He glanced at Tyler. "Please excuse my love. She's been through a lot in the past wee or so."
"I almost died! That's more then just a lot." She rolled her eyes at the cute knight. She looked around the group. "Does anybody even know a whisperer?"
Spindel raised his hand. "I do."
"Well, do you know how to summon him?" Ty asked.
"Not really. He just shows up in my dreams from time to time." Spindel said honestly.
Tyler grinned at Spindel. "Luckily, I know how o summon whisperers. Most of them act a lot like guardian animals. What's his name?"
"Tobias."
"Ok. This won't take long. Before I get everything in place and ready, you need to know what to ask him. You need to ask him for permission to hold the sword of Magick. This sword was once held by the creatures that made Ayden. They knew his soul would be consume by darkness. To prevent destruction of the Immoral race, they created the sword of Magick. The sword is told to cut the ties of immortality. Basically, it can cut what makes us Immortal."

They stood in middle of a small field. Cutting his arm, Tyler had drawn a circle of Immortal blood. He instructed Spindel to stand in the circle. Everyone else stood outside the circle, hoping for good results. At Spindel's feet, stood a small sliver wax candle. To Tyler's instructions, Spindel was suppose to slice his own wrist and let the blood pool down into the flame of the candle. Holding a small dagger that had been his boot, Spindel began to do so. When the blood touched the flame, it crackled like firecrackers in a multitude of colors.
Raising his arms to the sky, Spindel yelled, "I, Spindel call forth the whisperer who guards my dreams and destiny! Tobias! Show yourself to me!"

After a couple moments, Spindel saw the being who had been guiding him. He smiled, not seeming to mind being summoned. "Spindel, my friend."
Spindel took a step back. That was new. Instead of speaking to Spindel in his mind, Tobias actually spoke outload. His voice was something else. As if it was a silk scarf all on it's own. Spindel smiled back and said, "Hello my friend."
"May I ask why you summoned me, Spindel?" The whisperer glanced outside the circle. "Ah, look, the beautiful Rosalynn. I see she is well. Very good. You must have saved her."
"Um, yes." Again, Spindel was taken back, this time by Tobias' interest in Rosalynn. "I summoned you here to ask something of you."
"I see. Ask why then, Spindel."
"I need your permission to hold the sword of Magick."
Tobias gasped. "The sword of Magick? I can only wonder what you need that for. We were put in the service to protect that mystical weapon. My brothers would not approve unless it was to serve the sword's purpose. Do you wish to kill the Immortal called Ayden?" The whisperer asked.
"Yes, Tobias."
"I see then. Very well..." Energy pulsed around them. Raising his voice, Tobias called out, "I, the whisperer Tobias, grant permission to Spindel to hold the sword of Magick!" Tobias flungs a beam of light at Spindel. Then, the whisperer disappeared. Spindel dropped to his knees. In the distance, he could hear the calls of distress from Rosalynn. He glanced to see Tyler holding her back. Looking up in the circle, Spindel could see a blade. But..this blade was unlike anything else. It glimmered in the sunlight as if it had a crystal blade. He could see the handle was pure gold and the hilt was royal purple. It seemed like a sword for the highest king. He grabbed the weapon, hoping he wouldn't burst into flames. Nothing happened. He walked slowly, the long sword raised high in amazement.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:11 pm 
Veteran

They still stared at the majestic sword. "Now what?" Spindel spoke up.
Tyler stood in front of him. "Well, you can be the one to kill Ayden. Or you can choose someone else to do the job." He explained.
"I want to do it, but I think someone else wants it more." Spindel replied.
"Who Spindel?" Rosalynn asked. She wanted to do it too, but would she be able to do it?
Spindel met her eyes. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I think we should take the sword to your mother. She will decide who will deliver the blow to Ayden."

Back at the campground, they were told Kathleen was having a small meeting in a tent. Opening the flap, they saw Kathleen, Devin and Francesca sitting in a small corner. Rosalynn wondered what her mother was doing with her enemy. Kathleen glanced up to see their small group in the entrance. "Ah, my daughters. I see you've found help." She smiled at them.
"We found more then just that, Mom." Star piped up softly.
Tyler walked in, greeted by a gasp from Kathleen. She embraced him in a hug proclaiming, "My son-in-law, where have you been?"
Tyler laughed. "Kathleen, you know we're not related yet."
"Yes, but I have always considered you family. I'm glad to see you are not hurt. My daughter..I'm afraid..has lost much since we've seen you last."
Tyler nodded. "Yes, Star told me. I plan to take vengeance on Ayden. Spindel holds the weapon to our victory!"
"What ever do you mean?" Kathleen looked from Tyler to Spindel, to see the Sword of Magick at his side.
"Is that..?" She began to ask.
Spindel cut her off. "The Sword of Magick. I was gifted with it from Tobias. We bring this to you to ask:who should hold it to Ayden's destruction?"
The Queen stayed silent for a moment, then she said,"I will."
"What?" Rosalynn couldn't believe it. Her mother would be the one to slaughter Ayden? Then again, they had been mortal enemies for centries. As long as the Immortal blood had existed.
"I will get revenge for losing you, Rosalynn. I am the one who wants to cause chaos to that evil immortal. I tried to treat him like a brother, but he decide to use the power of Immortality the wrong way. We were gifted with this power for a reason, one he has twisted around. I leave to find my enemy at dusk."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:23 pm 
Veteran

The sky was dim with many hues. The sun was about to come up. The Immortals gathered around Kathleen's throne, waiting for Spindel to hand over the Sword of Magick. Star stood on the right side of her mother, Rosa stood on her left. Kathleen had requested her daughters present at her sides. She said it was important that her subjects see them as strong. As a family reunited, strong in one bond. The only way to defeat Ayden was together. Spindel stood before the Immortal Queen, Tyler at his side. In the outer circle, among with many other subjects, Devin stood. Spindel could feel his father's pride beaming from afar. This was his moment to shine. But this cermony would have many levels upon it. Before he handed over the sword, he wanted to bind his blood with Tyler's, making them brothers. LightningStar was already his sister in many ways, but he wished to make Tyler his brother offically in flesh. Kathleen gave a stiff nod, a small signal to start the ceremony.
"Kathleen, my queen." Spindel bowed down on one knee. "You have been many things to me. Ruler of my kind, a mother-figure and the mother of my love. Before I hand over this weapon, I ask you for one thing, please." He lifted his head to stare into her eyes. She smiled kindly at him.
"Spindel, what do you ask, my obedient knight?" She questioned him.
"To take your dagger and bind Tyler as my blood-oath brother."
Both Rosalynn and Star gasped. Tyler glanced to Spindel then said, "It would be an honor, my brother."
Kathleen drew herself off her throne, showing a sharp blade. "This will hurt, my knights."
They nodded, knowing the consquences. She took Tyler's arm first, cutting it deep. Then slashed Spindel's in another swift sweep. "Do you Tyler and Spindel both wish to be oath-bound brothers? From this day forward, you will share the same enemy, same ally, same queen and will fight the same fight. If you still wish this, say so and press your arms against each other. Make sure the blood touchs your brother's."
They both said yes and did as she instructed. The blood vanished after that point. Spindel looked at his queen then bowed his head. He picked up the blade, holding it before Kathleen. "My queen, I offer this sword..Sword of Magick to your hands. May the enemy stuck with this sword fall to hell."
She took the sword and raised it high in the air. "That he shall! We go to war!"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:57 pm 
Veteran

Tyler and his friends had lead them to Ayden's headquarters. Unfortunely, they had not yet reached their destination. After walking all day, they had set up camp. Their group included: Rosalynn, Spindel, LightningStar, Tyler and his friends, Francesca, Devin, Kathleen and a couple other healers. Spindel sat at the fire, cleaning at his weapon. Rosalynn sat by his side, her staff cluched tight. She had almost forgotten all about the magical item until Star had reminded her. The rose at the tip glistened deep violet. It had been a long day for all of them. Tyler and Star had already pitched up a tent and had retired for the night. Her and Spindel were actually about to do the same. They had not spent much time together since the night they spent at his apartment. She smiled at the reminder of chinese noodles and her wonderful bedroom. She still couldn't wait to go back to her new room. She had still been lost in thought until she heard a branch snap. Glancing up, she saw a strange figure. Spindel rose up his blade, until he recognized the stranger.
"Tobias? How are you here? I thought you only showed in my dreams." Spindel said.
"Most of the time, yes my friend. However, us Whisperers can choose to show ourselves." He smiled at Rosalynn. "You must be the lovely Rosalynn. Hello, I am Tobias."
She returned his smile and replied, "Nice to meet you."
Spindel scooted over on the log he was sitting on. "Why are you here, Tobias? Is something wrong? Do you have another warning?"
"Actually, I have come to show something to Rosalynn."
"To me?" Rosalynn asked, surprised.
"Yes. Do not be afraid, fair immortal. This is a message from the grave. That is another gift I hold at my hands. Death and his sister can only give death warnings, but Whisperers can actually talk to the dead. Someone from Kathleen's past wishes to speak to you. To meet you, to give you information of your creation and to warn you what is to come."
"Alright. If it is that important, please do whatever you need." She prepared herself, holding the staff extra tight.
"Very well." He reached out and gently touched her forehead. In a moment, Rosalynn's vision went black. Then she was no longer at the campfire with Spindel and Tobias. She was in a very different world. A lush forest was in view, a fairy perched on a high branch. She had the same colored hair and eyes as Rosalynn. Actually, this fairy looked like she could be Rosalynn's splitting image. Was this the fairy that helped d make her? Only one way to find out...
"Excuse me! Are you who asked to speak to me?" She yelled up to the tree branch. The fairy smiled at her, then floated down.
"Indeed, Rosalynn. How is your mother?"
"Good, I guess. Did you know my mother?" She asked the fairy back.
The fairy giggled at the question. "Oh yes. We were best friends when I was alive." She flashed a frown. "But, like others, my time ran out. I was killed with any fairy's dark nightmare. I was captured, my wings ripped from my back, my magic drained and eventually, I faded. First, we become sorta like a Whisperer. That is how I told your mother she could use my ashes. I knew she wanted another child and your mother can not conceive." She smiled again. "Oh silly me. My name is Brighten."
"Brighten? Wow, what an amazing name."
The fairy smiled bigger. "Thank you!"
"But if my mom can't concieve, what was star made out of?"
The fairy sat down and crossed her lanky legs. "You mother had bottled up stardust and some of her magic. That is how you are actually physical. You can't make a baby out of just fairy ashes and roses." She shook her head. "Wait..sorry. That wasn't right. You mom did bottle that up, but she also had the vessel stuck by lightning. It didn't just give your sister her name, but also her abilities. Just like your powers." She pointed at Rosalynn's thorns. "However, your powers were compressed because of the curse."
"Huh." Rosalynn sat down by Brighten. "So..is there anyway to bring you back? I mean..what if you got your magic back?"
Brighten stared down at the ground. "That brings up my next point of conversation. Your mother is going to change a lot of things by killing Ayden."
"How?" Rosa tilted her head, intriged. Then again, this couldn't be good.
"She is going to give up her life to bring back many others. To bring back me, to revive Spindel's mother. Also, it will free Cinda of her curse as well."
"What?!" Rosalynn squealed.
"Cinda is cursed to help her brother. She had chosen it herself to follow her brother. But something went wrong...something no one has been able to figure out. She is actually a very good person. Her brother had been random chosen out of a set of gifted children. Cinda also had been in that group. Shegave up everything to follow him. Somehow, the curse of death gripped them both. Either Kathleen's soul will free them both or just Cinda. That is fate's choosing."
Rosalynn stood up. "We have to stop this!"
Brighten stood at her side, her hand on Rosalynn's shoulder. "Rosa, this is something that has to happen. That is something in the binding of the Sword of Magick. That is why Kathleen chose the sword for herself. She knows she will have to sacrifice herself. Rosa, someone will have to continue her work. One of you, her daughters, will haveto claim the throne. This is must happen if you choose to stop Ayden. Because of him so many lifes have been destoryed over centries. All because Ayden chose evil over good. All you can do is back your mother. You even asked if there was some way to give back my life. This is the way. I don't like it either. Kathleen and I were blood-oath sisters. But...she is weary and this is the path of her destiny. Please...just help.."
The world faded back to reality and Rosalynn was back at the campfire.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 pm 
Veteran

"Rosalynn! You're back!" Spindel almost yelled in her face. He stared deep into her purple eyes. She stared back. "What did you see, my rose?" At that question, tears burst out of Rosa's eyes, wetting her shirt. Spindel started to wipe her eyes.
"I saw who was the reason of me existing. Her name is Brighten and she seemed great. I'm happy that I got to meet her.."
"Then why are you so upset, beautiful?"
A tiny smile started to spead over her face. "She told me some terrible things. Mom is giving up her life so she can give back the lives of all we've lost. I can not lose my mother, not just when I regained my freedom." She glanced over to Tobias. "You knew about this, didn't you?"
He nodded. "I wasn't allowed to give you that information. Nor can I tell you what the Whisperers have expected in both you two. I will tell you that you're both my responsibility. You can't undo her decision, Rosalynn. This has made the future."
"Tobias, leave that up to me. I am going to talk to my mother, though. Are you done here, Whisperer of our fate?"
He laughed a bit. "If that is what you wish to call me, radiant rose."
Spindel glanced at him, then at her. "I like that. I can call you that, Radiant?"
She smiled at him. "Whatever you want, Spin." She kissed him softly on the cheek.

After Tobias left, they pitched their tent. Rosalynn told Spindel she would back soon. A few feet away, there was another campfire. The flames were bigger then the one they had. She could hear her mother's voice. Rosalynn could tell she was having a conversation with someone else. Then, she heard the faint sound of Devin's voice. Then a small realization came to mind. For once, her and Spindel's parents were getting along. Did that mean one day her family and Spindel's would become one huge family? After shaking her head, she cleared her thoughts. Once she came close to the fire, Kathleen stood up and came to hug her tight.
"What is it, my daughter? Is something wrong?" Kathleen asked softly.
Tears came to Rosalynn's eyes again. "Yes, the fact that you are going to give up your life. I understand that it means getting everyone back, but I can not lose you Mom."
Kathleen gripped her shoulders and turned her around. "Let us talk about this somewhere, my little rose."
Rosalynn giggled a little bit. "Why does everyone call me something that is rose?"
It was Kathleen's turn to giggle. "Because you are beautiful, graceful and passionate. The same qualities of a rose. Now, where did you hear this information?"
Rosalynn just blurted out the truth. "From Brighten."
"Brighten? But Rosalynn...Brighten has been dead for years. How could you know this from her?"
"Tobias came here. He decided to show himself, at least. He showed me a message from Brighten. Or..it seemed like I was transported to Brighten. It was strange."
Kathleen put her head down. "How was she? Did she seem happy?"
"Yes, for the most part. She seemed to get sad talking about her death. I don't think she is happy about you sacrificing yourself, either. Mom, how can you do this? Not to mention, free Cinda or her brother?"
Kathleen pulled her head up and stared at Rosalynn. "You know everything, don't you my little rose? Well, you're not so little anymore. And..unfortunely, I was cut off from you most of your life. I hat that, Rose."
"Me too, Mom. Is this is really something you have to do? I don't want to lose you."
"Yes. I am the one who owns the Sword of Magick. Only I can strike Ayden and be successful. But I promise you, I will feel no pain."
"Mom, I love you so much. But..I understand why you have to do this. I just we had more time."
"Me too, my daughter." They hugged and cried on each other's shoulders that night. Unprepared for what was to come. And what had to happen. To make their race successful and happy. If only it didn't cost so much a price.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:55 pm 
Veteran

The sun finally rose that day. It burned unholy red and orange. It was doubt what it craved for, the spill of blood was fortold in the air. A blade would slash a heart this day. The earth will get it's full of flesh in bloodlust. The only question was: how much blood would be enough? Just Ayden's or Kathleen's as well? Rosalynn didn't want her mother to die, but it was what Kathleen wanted. She wanted to give up her life to gain revenge. In her mind, this was the only way to free her people. Rosalynn knew that would not be the end. Somewhere in her gut, she knew someone would offer to take Ayden's place. Who knew if she had an apprentice. That thought had cross Rosalynn's mind. That night when she got back to the tent, she tossed like an ocean, demons screaming inside. Now, on march for war, the demons hissed and bit at her heels. She knew she would lose someone precious today. That wasn't fair. She had lost too many already. Why did it have to be that way? She glanced up the line, seeing her mother with her shoulders high. How could the Queen of the Immortals, a woman who would die today, have that much confidence? A tear rolled down her cheek just as her sister's hand as on her shoulder. Staring back at her older sibling, the star of her universe, she couldn't keep it bubbled in.

"Star! Mom's going to die!" She moaned in pain. At that moment, her mother turn 360 degrees back to her daughters. Rosalynn could see disappointment in her eyes.

"Rosalynn, this was to be our secret, my daughter." Others around them gasped in surprise, staring at their reigning queen. Some of the soldiers held each other and began to weep. Kathleen stood still and announced, "I am giving up my life today, that is true. But my subjects, cry not! I am sacrificing myself for all of you."

A girl with indigo hair whimpered out, "You're all we have, our queen! Without you, we have no direction. Who will lead us then?"

The crowd followed Kathleen's eyes as she said, "My children. My star and rose with their knights will lead you. I must make this to protect all of you. For many years, the price of that was condemning my child. I will not do that again! I have been on this earth for many generations. I am weary, my dear children. The Whisperers have made it so in the skies of the future. This is my destiny. I accepted that when I created my second child, the Everlasting Rose of Radiance."

Rosalynn peeked her head out of Star's shoulder. "Only one other person has called me that."

Kathleen nodded. "Tobias visited me in my dreams last night." She came to her daughters side. In one daughter she saw sorrow, in the other she saw anger. "LightningStar, my brillant child, are you angry with me?"

"Of course I'm mad, mother! How could Rose know and not me? Why does she get to say good-bye and I don't?! I get that she is the cursed one, that she didn't have you for many years. But still-why the hell I don't get the same consideration?! I love you just as much she odes!" Stinging tears rained down her face. "Don't you love me too, Mom?"

Kathleen hugged her tight. "Of course I love you, Star. I love you both very much. The truth is, I didn't want anyone to know this. Now, come."

The camp was silent. Kathleen was expecting that. She could already see that there was an assassin in a high oak tree. She sent a telepathic message to Star. She threw a lightningbolt at the assassin, knocking him out of the tree. At that moment, they all heard the sound of clapping. A gust of smoke cleared to show Ayden's figure. He seemed cocky as always. A group of henchmen surrounded around him. Kathleen could easily fly through them. She would have Rose, Star and the others take them out. First, she would hear what he had to say.

"So, Kathleen, it took you 5000 years to this moment, did it? My, aren't the children looking well. Do they know the truth, my dear?" He cackled loudly.

Kathleen grimaced as she heard Rose ask, "What is he talking about, Mom?" She stayed silent. She would be dead in moments, not giving Star or Rose time to hate her.

"So they don't. Well, my lovely Star and Rose..if you must know...I am your father."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:56 am 
Veteran

Rosalynn couldn't believe it. Ayden..the enemy of her whole life..the person that had cursed her..was her father? How was that even possible? Kathleen had told her that she was made of roses and fairy ash. That's why she was so magical. That was why she had rainbows pumping across her skin. That was why Kathleen was her mother. This could not be possible. The world started to spin, the ground seemed closer then what it was suppose to be. Why was it so dark? What just happened? Who were those voices? Did they win the fight?

"Rosalynn! Rosalynn!" Spindel's voice screamed at her. "She's waking up!"

Rosalynn's eyes slowly peeked open. "What happened? Spindel..?" She croaked, unable to find her voice.

"You fainted, Radiance. Are you ok? Do you need anything? Like a glass of water? Did you bump your head?" His questions were swarming her.

"I think I'm ok...my head hurts. I don't know if I hit it. It just...got dark all of sudden...and cold.."

Spindel held her tight and massaged her shoulder. "It's ok, Rosa. I've got you. I've got you. I think you just fainted because of stress. I would have passed out after that news, too."

"So, it wasn't a dream?"

"No. Sorry, love."

LightningStar came to their side with some water. "Rose, are you ok? You scared me there, sis."

Rosalynn lifted the water to her lips with help from Spindel. "I think I'll be ok. What is going on? Why isn't there any fighting?"

"Ayden called off his men. I don't know why. Right now, I'm just worried about my baby sister. You really freaked us out, Rose. Mom even threw up a protection spell around you. I think they're both waiting until this is settled."

"Star, did you find out? That how..."

Star nodded. "It's basic biology, Rose. You know what it takes to make a kid, right? Same goes for us Immortals. Yes, you're made of flowers and pixie dust, but you're almost made of Mom's and his..stuff. It was a long time ago, though. Long before Ayden went insane. Still, how he could condemn his own daughter is beyond me." Star sat beside them.

"Did they love each other though?"

"Like you and Spindel? Or Tyler and I? No way. Both our love is eternally forever. Ayden did love mom once a upon a time, but when he went bat crap crazy, mom stopped loving him. You know her. Our people come first before anything else. So, they fell out of love. That happens sometimes, I guess. So..how you feeling little sister?"

"Better now. Thanks to you too." She smiled at Spindel and Star. "You guys have been the only permanent things in my life. I forgot you for awhile, but we found each other again. I can't lose you guys. Ever." She held out her hand. "Promise?"

Spindel took Rosalynn's hand, then took Star's. "We promise, Rosa. Don't worry. We'll figure this out. Together."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:48 pm 
Veteran

With the precious moment shared between the trio, Kathleen took the shot. She saw her biological and adopted children sharing sorrow and it broke her heart. They shouldn't have to go through this agony. No one should. Nobody should have died. Not by her hands, not by Ayden's, no blood should have been spilled. If it hadn't, so many people would still be alive. Hailee would have been able to raise Spindel instead of Kathleen. Her grand-daughter wouldn't have been miscarried. Juneau would beside Rosalynn, wagging his tail. Rosalynn wouldn't have ever been cursed. But no. Ayden had killd too many, slaughtered too much of Kathleen's family. So this sword deserved to be his throat. Even if it meant dying herself. Once the sacrifice was made, things would be put right. Lives would be lived, people set free, memories made in the future. The price was not too high. Not for her.

"Kathli, don't do this." Ayden hissed.

"Shut your mouth, Ayden. Don't call me that either." She barked back. "How many years ago I had this sword at your throat? 300? 500?" She giggled. "I've lost count. But you know what I didn't lose count of? How many years I lost from my daughter. Thanks to you Ayden, I wasn't there to comfort her, to hold her, I couldn't BE in my daughter's life! And you know who's fault that is? YOURS!" She yelled in his ear.

"Mom, you don't have to do this."

Kathleen glanced up to see her youngest daughter, hands out. "I have to do this, Rosa. If I don't do this, all those deaths were to waste!" Tears streamed down her cheeks. "I can get Star's baby back. Spindel's mother. If I don't do this, who will?"

"I know Mom..but that is my father who's neck you want to slit. We can give him another chance, Mom. I can tell he wants a second chance. Otherwise, he wouldn't have called off the assassins when I fainted." She begged her mother. "Come on, Mom. Everyone deserves a second chance. You got one. Another chance to be my mom. Doesn't he deserve another chance to be my dad?"

"I've tried that, Rosalynn! I gave him another chance! And what did he do with it?! He cursed you! Damned you to a life of abuse and mistreatment! I lost my child that day! I wasn't given a choice! I WAS forced! By who?" She pressed the sword tighter to Ayden's throat, a drop of blood leaked out. "HIS! He made this happen! It's time for him a lose a child!"

She ran the sword all around Ayden's neck, making blood slosh out everywhere. Ayden's eyes rolled back in his head, slumping to the ground. At that exact moment, Kathleen also crumbled to the ground. Unlike Ayden, no blood was running anywhere.

Rosalynn and LightningStar ran to her side. "MOM!!!"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 am 
Veteran

Star and Rosalynn sat by her side, bawling their eyes out. Everyone else was crying too. She had gone so quickly, not even giving them a another glance. Kathleen had been sure of what she was doing. But..what if Ayden did have his sights at redemption? What if this had happened without the cost of their mother's blood? It was too late now. They both knew that. Now, they had ordered Francesca to mop up Ayden's blood. Rosalynn looked up at her new enemy, seeing her beautiful and young. This is why she had wanted Rosalynn's flesh.

"Are you happy, Francesca? You got what you wanted!" Rosalynn screamed at her.

"Actually, yes I'm quite happy. However, it is tragic it came because of a great Immortal." Francesca said.

"Don't give me that Jigglypuff!" Rosalynn spat. "You've never respected anyone, so how could you have respected my mother?"

"Rosalynn, I have had known your mother for many generations. As a Immortal queen, she was wise and graceful. She took on her role so lovely. She took care of most of us. The ones who chose her, that is." Francesca chuckled. "The truth is, I have always been in the allegiance of Spindel's father."

"Yes, but my father is a different man now." Spindel spoke up.

"That might be, but remember this." She glanced down at Ayden's body, then pointed at the corpse. "Just because he is dead, doesn't mean that evil has been washed from our people. Someone else rise to the occasion. Maybe even an Immortal stronger then Ayden."

"Someone like you?" Star asked.

Francesca chuckled again. "Perhaps. Perhaps not. My beauty will not last forever. Everything fades."

"Not love!" Spindel yelled at her. "Love never dies, it goes on forever."

"Believe what you want, naive boy. Trust me, someone will take his place." She began to leave, then turned back to them. "Oh and don't worry, Rosalynn. I won't show my face around you, dear. Goodbye, young heroes." With that, she left them.

But that wasn't the only unwanted presence in their path. A harsh wind picked up in the air, whipping in their faces. Once the breeze passed, they glanced up to see Cinda in her bloody glory. She knelt down to their level and lifted up Rosalynn's face.

"I am sorry for your lost, Rosalynn. Your mother was a kind person." She whispered softly.

Rosalynn shook her face from Cinda's hands. "Have you come to collect the bodies?"

Cinda let a deep sigh. "Not this time. For you see, I am cursed. Just like you were."

Rosalynn stared back at Cinda. "You're cursed?! Was that something mom was hiding from us?"

"I'm afraid so. You see, a tragic event happened to my brother. Unwilling to leave his side, I was cursed in the process. Our freedom can only be bought with the death of an immortal. I bet you can imagine how often that happens." She giggled a bit.

"Ayden and Mom are the first, aren't they?" Star asked her this.

"Yeah, they are. I can already feel the curse shifting, leaving my soul. I feel more like myself. The only thing I'm worried is my brother. I don't think this will buy his freedom. And what will I do then? I"m nothing without him."

With that last word, a burst of smoke hit the air. Within the mist, they could all see a dark figure. Coming close to them, the scent of smoke didn't lift. He was very lean and tall. The darkest cloak was around him. They could also feel how much colder the atmosphere has gotten. He had long black hair and a full bushy beard. Blood smeared all over his arms, as if he had taken a bath in it. He knelt down beside Cinda. Rosalynn wrinkled her nose from the hard smell of smoke and uestruction.

"Brother..." Cinda whispered. She seemed amazed that he was there. As if she hadn't seen him in years.

"Cinda, it is alright. This is my destiny, not yours. Someone has to pass souls on to the other side." As he spoke, Rosalynn could hear the roughness in his voice, as if he had been eating chalk. "If you do not accept your freedom, then Kathleen's sacrifice will be in vain. She also did this for you." He pointed at her. "She did it for all the lost souls Ayden hurt." He offered his hand. "Do you accept this fate, sister? I promise you will be alright."

Cinda glanced at Rosalynn, who nodded. "He's right, Cinda. My mom did this to right everything Ayden had done wrong."

Cinda took her brother's hand. He pulled her up off her knees. All the blood on her dissolved, as if magic. Then, her rough nails simmered down to normal. All the cuts on her feet dissapeared and they stopped bleeding. Her face grew lighter, as if glowing for the first time. She smiled at her brother. "It's good to be free."

Death looked at their small group. "Now, I believe there are some people waiting to see you."

Glimpses of bright lights smothered the land around them. Rosalynn heard barking, then was knocked down by a huge dog. "Juneau!" She screamed, happy to be knocked on her butt again.

As Rosalynn glanced up, she saw a woman with auburn hair standing by Spindel. He glanced at her and asked, "Mother?"

"That's right, Spindel. I'm your mother."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:53 pm 
Veteran

Star searched all over for her special person. Tyler had come over to her side and held her close. She just had to accept the truth. Her child was never coming back. Tears started to drip when Death came next to them. Cinda even looked better with light blond hair. She almost seemed like an angel compared to her old self.

"Star, I'm sorry. But because your child was never born, there was no way to be them back." He told her gently.

That was it. The words that sank the reality in. Her child was never going to return. Rosalynn and Spindel hugged her tight, whispering they were sorry. She knew how sincere their words were, but it still couldn't wash away the pain.

"Spindel, Rosalynn, I think Star just needs to be alone for a bit." Tyler piped up. They nodded, knowing that Tyler had her best intentions at heart. Spindel squeezed his shoulder and said, "Sorry for your lost, my brother."

As they began to walk away, Death called out to Rosalynn. Juneau growled at her side. "Shh, Juneau. He's not going to hurt me. Besides, Spindel is right here to protect me."

"Rosalynn, I'm sorry to report I could not bring back Brighten as well. Since her ashes help create you, to bring her back would destory you from your core. I know in fact, Brighten wouldn't want that for you. Especially after Kathleen's death."

"I understand. I know it was hard for her, but thank you for telling Star the truth. I think she's been hoping for years that would happen. She will be able to move on now, maybe conceive another child." Rosalynn said to him.

Death nodded. "I believe you are right with that theory. Still, I'm sorry this had to come because of your mother's death. She was a good woman, Rosalynn. Just like you. Until Star iis well, you might have to lead our people."

"Right now, I think they need to accept what happened here today. Just like I have to accept it. I'll give everyone a couple days to deal with the grief, then if I'm needed, then I will take up my mother's job. It will be tough at first, but I will have my family behind me." She looked into Spindel's eyes. "Let's go home, Spin. You and your mother have some connecting to catch up on. Plus, I could use a nap in my lovely bed." She yawned.

He laughed at her. "Alright, my radiant Rose. We can have a family dinner later and discuss who will take up this role of Immortal Queen. Your sister should be alright by then, won't she?"

"I don't know, Spindel. If not, all the same, she needs to be taken care of. I know Tyler has a handle on things, but I want to help. Besides, I will take a day or two to get back to the apartment. I'm sure your father needs to check on his home as well."

Spindel looked over to his parents. His father was holding his mother, as if she would disappear. "There's a lot of things we need to check up on. We've been gone a couple of months after all."

"A couple of months? How can that be? No wonder I need a break from all this excitement!"

Spindel laughed again. "A long rest is needed, my dear. Come on, let's start the journey home."

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next