The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cursed
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 am 
Veteran

The group kept trekking on. They decided they needed to stop for rest and camped up in the treetops. Rosalynn had been put as first guard. She was supposed to wake Spindel up after a couple hours, but she kept her post. She couldn't sleep anyway, so what was the point of waking him? All she could think about was how Juneau sacrificed himself to save her. Sniffing her clothes, she could still smell his musky wolf scent. Her oldest friend was gone. Revenge took the other half of her brain, seeking a way to kill her enemy. Countless plans soaked her twisted mind. There was no way she could just let Ayden get away with this. Juneau was her family before she found out about LightningStar and Kathleen. She was so caught up in her train of thought, she didn't hear Spindel sneaking up on her.
"Rosa, why didn't you wake me up?" Spindel whispered out in the dark.
She turned around to see his frown in the shadows. "I'm sorry, Spin. I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd keep guard a couple hours more."
"As much as I appreciate that, you need some sleep, Rosa." He took a step closer. "I know what you're thinking about."
"Wait, you do?" Her voice sound hoarse with the wind.
"Yes. You're thinking what I would've in this situation. You thinking of a revenge plan against Ayden. You want to kill him with all your being. That's what I would've thought if he had harmed you."
She giggled a bit. "Spin, you are sweet." Then it hit her. An overwheming feeling of deja vu. That she and Spindel had known each other for years. But much longer then when they knew each other in Devin's dungeon of a home. As if she and Spindel had been in love as long as time.
"Rosa? What's wrong?"
She shook her head. "Nothing Spindel. Just a weird feeling."
"Are you ok? Are you feeling sick?"
"No. Nothing like that."
Spindel laughed a bit. "Ok. Well go get some rest. I'll take the watch from now."

She obeyed Spindel's wishes. She took a spot close to her sister, pulling a blanket over her shoulders. Her blond hair rustled and she looked up to Rosalynn.
"Is it my turn to guard?" Star asked groggly.
"No, sis. Go back to sleep. I was just going to sleep her next to you if that's ok?"
Star smiled. "Go ahead. We use to do this all the time."
"Really?"
"Yeah, Rose." Star giggled. "Just get some sleep. Tomorrow we'll make it to mom's."
Rosalynn sighed. "Ok."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:16 am 
Veteran

There were a lot of times where Rosalynn hated how she got woke up. But waking up to a dagger to her throat had to be there worst. She could feel the rusty blade almost digging into her veings, a drop of blood trailing down to her shirt. Why weren't the thorns working? She focused on the enemy holding the metal to her throat, twisting them into his arm. She could hear them grunting in agony, the dagger dropping on the treetop. Rosalynn jumped to her feet. LIghtningStar and Spindel were tightly bound a couple inches away. They were also both gagged. She came to their side, removing the gags from their mouths. After she cut the rope tieing them, she the enemy's weapon to his own throat. She could see that a couple thorns were caught in his skin.
"Who are you?" She hissed sharply.
"An..assassin of Ayden's...He sent me...to track you three..." He gasped out in shallow breaths.
She laughed at him. "It seems my those thorns in your skin had poison. That or it's so deep in your skin it's making you unable to breathe."
"Rosa."
Rosalynn glanced to see Spindel standing behind her. "Yes?"
"Remove the thorns from his skin." He said calmly.
"Why? He tried to kill me." She gave him a scowling glare.
"Because, he will be paralyzed. He won't be able to harm us. There's no point in spilling blood that doesn't need to be spilled. We could spare his life."
"Spin.."
"Rosalynn..please..he doesn't need to be murdered. He is not our enemy. Ayden is our enemy. I know he tried to kill you. I know he works for Ayden, but he is not Ayden. Were you not hating Ayden last night because Ayden took away Juneau?"
She sighed. "You're right. Fine." She got close to the man's arm and quickly removed the thorns from his arm. She leaned close to his ear and whispered, "Lucky for you, my love is a merciful man."
"Rose, Spindel-let's get out of here quick! That way this guy won't be able to track us again. If he sees where we go, he could still track us." LightningStar pointed out.
"I gotta a better idea to fix that, Star." Rosalynn picked up her staff, working up a spell to transport to her mom's location. She had been able to figure it out by peeking into Star's mind in a second. She would have to apolgize to Star later for that.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:49 pm 
Veteran

They fell in a meadow, surrounded by glorious wildflowers. Rosalynn could see gorgeous roses, tall sunflowers, cute pansies, a few morbid poppies and cheerful marigolds. These flowers seem to have a hint of something else the earthly flowers didn't. Almost like an extra hint of beauty that was supernatural. She could see her sister dusting off her clothes, a huge grin on her face. Spindel had a smile on his face too. Had he been here before? Did they know something she didn't? Why were they so gleeful? They both laughed, as if mocking her for not knowing the secret.
"Rose, these flowers were made by mom. Of course they're not like other flowers." LightningStar told Rosalynn, as if she was a know-it-all.
"I've also been here before, so I already knew." Spindel nods towards Star. It was the first time in a long time that Rosalynn felt left out. Then she was shocked by what Spindel said next. "No wonder you looked so familiar, LightningStar."
"Wait! You mean, you already knew Star? And didn't tell me?" Rosalynn's voice rose, how could he hide something like that?
"Well, like I said, she looked familiar. But, I couldn't ask without giving away I was immortal, could I?" He gave Rosalynn a sly grin. "Come on, Rosa. You didn't think I'd hide stuff from you, did you? We're best friends, after all."
We could be more then friends. She didn't say that outloud. She had to keep her feeling hidden amongst the shadows of her mind. Spindel couldn't find out unless he felt the same. She lifted herself up, using her staff to balance her. "So are we where mom lives?" She pointed the question at her sister.
"Yeah..but how did you know where it was?" Star sounded baffled.
"Um...I looked into your mind real quick. I'm sorry, but we needed to get away from that assassin."
"Ah. Well that's ok, Rose. Just please don't do it again. Mom should be somewhere in this meadow." She giggled a bit. "Her subjects dance besides her throne, which is made of all natural things. Flowers, twigs, vines, anything from her realm's ground. Mom's humble like that. Although she's pretty much a queen, she sleeps in a tent. Her castle is basically this meadow, a campground with her people." Star went on as if their mother were an angel, but Rosalynn still had mixed feelings about her mother.
"Star, was I born here?" Rosalynn had deja vu again. She felt a strong connection with this part of her mother's world.
"Yes. Mom will tell you all about your past. Come on, it should only be a couple feet til home!" Star ran as if a child running to their parents to retrieve some candy.
Home.

Rosalynn couldn't move. She couldn't believe that a place could exist. She had always known Devin's control as home. And what of the room in Spindel's apartment? It had felt like he had made a safe haven for her. She wanted that to be her home. A safe place with him so she could be within his heart. What would become of that if this was her real home? Could it ever be? Her spellbound thoughts stopped. A strange sensation flowed through her body. She glanced down to see Spindel holding her hand. She stared up into his eyes, amazed to see that they stared back, gentle and calm.
"It's ok." He whispered softly. "There will always be space for you there."
Her body froze. Was he reading her thoughts? "Spin..did you just..."
"Read your mind? Yes." He bowed his head. "Please forgive me. I don't even know it happened. I could feel how tense you were, so I grabbed your hand. Before I knew it, a door in your mind opened and I could see your thoughts clearly. I'm sorry. Rosa, I just want to be here for you. You don't have to be afraid of your past." He lifted his head and smiled at her. "Who knows? Perhaps there's something about us in your past. Maybe by finding your past, you could find mine. You did promise you'd help me figure out my past as well."
"You're right. I did. So let's take this journey together."
They took a step at time, trying to follow Star. She had run so much ahead, they had lost her. A few mintues had passed by before they saw her. She came to them, galloping on a snowy white unicorn. It's mane and tail were deep purple with a golden blanket on it's back. Star sat on the blanket, grasping on it's mane as the reins. She looked as if her sould had been set free, that riding on that unicorn was the most common thing. She slowed down her steed at their feet.
"Rosalynn, Spindel! I want you to meet Snowflake!" She hopped off her animal and stood in front of them. "I told mom that you were here."
"What did she say?" Rosalynn asked.
Star giggled. "She's so happy. Spindel, call upon Gavin to fly you two to mom's tent."
"Sure." Spindel let out a low whistle. "Rosa, jump up!"
She jumped up while saying, "How is Gavin going to fly us?" Only to be sweeped up into the wings of the biggest hawk ever. She glanced at Spindel, who had is head back in laughter.
"TThat's the great thing about Gavin! He can spread his wings any size he wants! We'll have you at your Mom's in 2 minutes!"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:50 pm 
Veteran

The wind sweeping through Rosalynn's hair felt fantastic. The only thing that felt better was her arms around Spindel's torso. She could'nt believe she was holding on to him, on his hawk, Gavin. Glancing down below, she could see the campground LightningStar was talking about. She gasped. She could see Kathleen, her mother. Her mom had deep auburn hair down her back. She had the same lavender eyes as Rosalynn. Rosalynn could hardly see her sister in her mother's appearence though. Maybe Star mostly like their mom in character. Kathleen was wearing a deep purple gown that kissed the ground.
Gavin landed a few feet from where her mom was sitting. After they jumped off to the ground, Gavin lifted his wings back to the air. Spindel entwined his fingers with hers as he softly whispered, "I'm here for you."
Rosalynn walked over to Kathleen's throne. She curtsied quickly. "Hi, Mom."
"Rosalynn, my young daughter. Spindel, will you please leave us? We have important issues to discuss." Kathleen ordered.
But Rosalynn interrupted, "Whatever you say to me, you can say to Spindel as well."
Her mother laughed gently. "I should have known. You two have been like this as long as I can remember."
"Wait..what do you mean? Rosalynn and I have only known each other for about 300 years." Spindel shifted his gaze to Rosalynn. "Now I know why it's felt like forever."
"Because it has been forever. Rosalynn, your memory was wiped away when you left this realm." Kathleen pointed out. "But Spindel-" She waved her hand in his direction. "Wouldn't tolerate you leaving without him. Of course, I had to clear his memories too."
"You mean..." Rosalynn could barely say it..
"It means I've loved you all this long." Spindel stared into her eyes.
"I'll give you two some time alone." Kathleen left her throne. As she started to leave she told them, "There is a place you two carved into a tree. I'll teleport you there." She lifted her staff and removed them from her sight.

They opened their eyes to look around them. Rosalynn gasped when she saw what her mother said was true. In a tall apple tree was her name. Not only her name, but Spindel's with it inside a heart. Putting her hand against the trunk, it slowly came back to her. The faint memories of her and Spindel being in love some many years ago. Long before she was cursed, when she was only 13.
"I remember now. You fought for me." A tear rolled down her face. "You fought so I wouldn't be cursed. Even you couldn't keep me from my fate."
"Rosa..." He sighed. "I remember now too. I can recall when I begged your mother not to do this to you. She wouldn't budge, just allowed me to go with you. All these years...we couldn't remember...I still loved you."
"I don't know what's worse..Devin's abuse or these new haunting memories..I can still see that day in my mind...It was the day we carved into this tree."

Spindel had taken her to the tree, the place where he first proclaimed his love for her. They had grown together as play-mates, best friends. All throughout Spindel's life, it had always been her. He took out his knife while she let out a shrill squeal.
He laughed. "Rosalynn, would I ever hurt you?"
"No...what's the knife for then?"
"To carve our names in this tree. So everyone will know how much we love each other. Tell me..have you ever loved anyone else?" He stared deeply into her lavender eyes.
She stared into his, her eyes filled with as much care and love as his. "No. Give me the knife, I'll carve my own name."
"As you wish, princess."
She gave him a scrowl, hating being called that. She slowly carved her name into the bark and half a heart. Spindel carved his name below hers and completed the heart. After completeing their work, he took her in his arms for a long passionate kiss. Only to be interrupted by guards, screaming for Rosalynn.
"What's going on?" She asked them.
"You, are requested at your mother's side."
"I'll be right behind you." Spindel had held her hand until they made it to her mother's throne. They both curtsied to the queen of this realm. LightningStar had been by her mother's side, weeping.
"Star, what is wrong?" Rosalynn had wanted to know, only to be grabbed and bound magically and with ropes. The guards held Spindel back in a small force field. He couldn't help Rosa as much as he wanted to. All he could do was listen to the sentence Kathleen placed on her daughter, a sentence that almost seemed like a hanging.
"Rosalynn, my daughter, you are to be cursed and placed under custody of Devin."
"No!!!" Spindel protested. "Please, your grace! Let me go in her place! Don't do this to your daughter! To my love! I'll do anything!"
But Kathleen remained silent for a few moments and then decided, "You shall go with her then, Spindel. Both your memories will be replaced with nothing. You will not remember Rosalynn, neither will she remember you. I'm sorry, but I must do this."

"After that, we were both in Devin's prison. I won't ever forgive what Kathleen did to you, Rosa." He hissed in anger.
"Spin..she might hold the secrets of your past. Before you came here."
He shook his head. "This is all I remember. Being raised her and falling in love with you. We've always shared the same destiny. The same fate."
"Kathleen is not your mother! Don't you need to figure out who is? My mother might know that, Spindel! She might've been the one who brought you here."
"You're probably right. Not only do I need to talk things over with her, but so do you." He held out his hand to her. "Team like always?"
She put her fingers between his and squeezed his hand. "Always and forever."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:30 pm 
Veteran

Fingers entwined, their love ignited once again, they were more determined then ever to figure out Spindel's past together. It felt like their legs had grown as wings roaming the campground to search for Kathleen. They found her at the edge of the settlement, stroking a griffin's mane. Griffin's had always been fasinating to Rosalynn. This creature seemed so familiar, then it raised it's head and said her name.
"Mother, how does this animal know me?" She took a step back, shocked.
Her mother just smiled as she told her child, "This is Nightclaw. He is my animal, but he has known you since you were a toddler." Kathleen kissed the griffin's face gently. "Rest, my friend. I have matters to take care of."
"Oh, do you ever." Rosalynn said sarcastically. She was getting tired of this whole thing. Right now, all she felt like doing was going home with Spindel. She could picture him taking her in his arms, falling back into the comforter of her bed. She wanted to go to her new home. She must have have had this plain on her face because her mother said, "I can see you're tired of this Rosalynn."
Rosalynn shook her head. "I have something worth living for now. I'd rather go home and spend time with that reason, but it's not all about me. Spindel has things that need to be explained. I know you knew his mother, didn't you?"
"Yes, I did." Kathleen glanced at Spindel. "You do know I'm not your real mother, right?"
"Yes. I remember being here forever, but if you were my mother-" Spindel started to say but was interrupted by Kathleen.
"Then you and Rosalynn couldn't be together. You wouldn't feel right with that match."
Spindel nodded in agreement.
"I did know you mother, Spindel. Unfortunely, she died at your birth."
Spindel's heart sank. Rosalynn squeezed his hand. "Who was she? I still need to know." He almost begged Kathleen.
"Rosalynn, I remember your wolf. I know he is no longer with you, but wasn't it rumored he was of Luke's linage?"
"Yes, do you know if it was true?" Rosalynn asked her mother.
"Yes. Luke had been killed, his mate however, was a part of my realm. This she-wolf had been roaming earth and had met Luke. She had her pups here and you connected with Juneau at a young age."
"What does this have to do with Spindel's mother?" That part was unclear.
Kathleen laughed briefly. "So unpatient. Your sister shares that. Getting back to my explanation. Spindel's mother was with Luke when he died. That should give you a clue."
It was then he saw it clearly. He fell to his knees in shock. "Hailey was my mother. That makes Devin..."
"Your father." Kathleen finished for him.
"Wait...how is this possible!?" Rosalynn voice rosed so many octaves, she ended up yelling.
"I knew you'd ask that, my daughter. You see, Hailey was on the brink of death. She had been with child at the time. I knew it was hours until that child was to be born. I knew because I was told that she would need my help."
"You were told by a whisperer weren't you?" Spindel barely asked.
"Yes. A certain whisperer I believe you know."
"Tobias."
Kathleen nodded. "I believe this is a whisperer, one who is under the mission to take care of you and Rosalynn. The whisperers have a plan for you two, I don't know what. Anyways, I came to your mother's rescue, Spindel. I brought her here, where I was able to slow her death until she gave birth to you. My magic only had the power until then. She's even the one who gave you your name."
"Does Devin know I'm alive? That I am his son?" Spindel slowly got back to his feet. Everything began to sink in. This was his story, what he had been searching for. He didn't have control of that, whether he liked it or not.
"No. All he knows is that Hayley was about to have you when she died. He thinks those thugs killed her and you."
"That's what drove him to madness. He lost his family..." Rosalynn said softly.
"Yes. Don't you see? The two of you have been entwined since birth. Your paths have been crossed forever."
They stared until each other's eyes. Now they knew they were soul-mates for sure. They had already known that in their hearts, but now it was a fact.
"Which brings us to the other issue..." Kathleen whispered.
"You mean the issue of me killing you?" Rosalynn asked, smile on her fa

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 pm 
Veteran

Kathleen raised her staff. At the bottom, it was decorated with roses and stars. They symbolized her two daughters, the sun and the moon in her life. In the middle, the colors of fire swirled the wood of her staff. Finally, at the top, was a lavendar heart with a small tiara on the heart. Striking the ground, a shield of blue shimmering light surrounded Kathleen, giving Rosalynn a tap. What had been a tap to Kathleen, had been a punch to Rosalynn. She fell back a bit, falling into the cradle of Spindel's arms.
A bit stunned she screamed, "Damn it, Mom!" She stood up slowly, trying to dust it off like grass or mud.
Kathleen tilted her head back in full laughter. "That's what you get for posing a threat." Behind her, Nightclaw's wings clouded the sky, he roared in anger. He could tell that Rosalynn had upseted his mistress. Kathleen came to the animal, telling it everything was alright.
"I wasn't really going to hurt you!" Rosalynn argued. She rolled her eyes, not believing her mother didn't know her well enough. Couldn't she tell when her daughter was joking? Apparently not.
Lowering the shield, Kathleen came out. "I should have know you were jesting me. You always have been a sarcastic child, Rosalynn Kayley Grayson."
Rosalynn gasped. It had been so long since her mother scolded hr with her full name. "At least my middle name isn't Billy Jean."
LightningStar complained from a distance with, "Hey! It's not my fault mom's a MJ fan! Or was, anyways." Star was still mounted on her unicorn. The beast was more majestic then any horse that Rosalynn had seen.
Spindel smirked. "And at least you two don't know my middle name."
"Oh poor Spindel Jacob." Kathleen said softly.
Rosalynn and Star giggled a bit. "Kathleen!" Spindel cryed, then moaning loudly.
Star dismounted and came to her family's side. "So, what's the plan, mom? I'm sure Rose has told you her problem."
"You're right, my older daughter. What we shall do, I'm unsure of."
Rosalynn felt the breath caught in her throat. She coughed a few times and groaned a little. Spindel stared at her, worried. "Rosa? You ok?"
Her vision became blurry. "I think."
"She won't be ok in a few mintues."

They all swung their heads to see Cinda, Death's sister. In that moment, Spindel knew what was wrong. Her month was almost up. They had been gone at least ten days. He could also assume that they could save her before death claimed her body. If death was inevitable, he would be here himself, not Cinda. The impact from Kathleen's staff must have put a dent in her heart, making it hard for her to breathe. His head spun, he tried to thing of what to do. Cinda was getting closer and closer. She looked like she was enjoying this. Then Spindel got an idea.
"Star, her pack!"
Star went to Snowflake's saddle. "Good thing I brought it with me. What does she need, Spindel?" She rummaged through its contents.
"There is a change of clothes in there. They're clothes from her healer. Quick! Put them on Rosa!"
It was a struggle to place the garments over her. Rosalynn was unable to move, her eyes already closed. They waited for the magic to begin. Cinda trotted up next to them, chuckling. "You'll never save her that way." She said.
"Why not?" Spindel asked urgently.
"Because those all drenched in poison. The healer used it to kill Rosalynn. That's why I'm here. My brother wanted me to tell you that. She's not suppose to die yet." Cinda shook her head.
"Snowflake!" Star yelled in the unicorn's direction. Snowflake came to her master's side, to se tears bubbling up in her eyes. Without hesitation, the beast tipped it's horn to Rosalynn's forehead. Spindel had already been taking the poisonous clothes off Rosalynn. She opened her eyes slowly. She blinked, her whole world being in a fog.
"What happened?" She whispered, not remembering anything.
"You almost died." Cinda said bluntly. "But your family saved you. Guess my job here is done." She began to leave.
"Wait!" Spindel called after Cinda, needing to take her for the warning.
She turned, glancing in his direction. "Thank you." Spindel said. She nodded and kept walking.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 pm 
Veteran

They kept Rosalynn in a tent so she could rest. Earlier that day, a healer of Kathleen's examined Rosa. Just as Spindel thought, the impact from Kathleen's staff dented her heart. They had a short number of days before it would collapse from all the abuse over the years. The poison that Francesca sneaked in those clothes hadn't helped either. Instead of a beautiful rainbow, Rosalynn's heart was the mud-colored. Spindel wanted to cut that witch's throat for hurting Rosalynn. Right now, the important thing was finding a way to save her. Kathleen, Star and himself had gathered around to discuss what could be done.
"She doesn't have much time left, mom." Star said bluntly.
"I know, Star." Her mother replied in melancholy. "I'm thankful that Snowflake kept her from dying that moment, but I know your unicorn can't repair an immortal heart."
"So where does that leave our options?" Spindel asked softly. "You both know I'll do anything to save her." Tears started to streak his cheeks.
"Spin, don't worry. Rose is going to be ok, right mom?" Star smiled at Spindel.
Kathleen sighed. "I'm not sure. I can only think of one choice to save Rosalynn."
"What's that?" They both stared at her, hoping that she had a miracle.
"There's something in the curse that Ayden didn't know about. I am able to undo Rosalynn's curse at anytime." She paused the continued, "But I don't want to do that unless Devin is unable to hurt anyone else."
"Which means we have to kill him." Spindel said.
Kathleen nodded.
Spindel let a deep breath out. "How can I do that, Kathleen? I just found out he's my father!"
"Spin, mom was a better parent then Devin. Do you really have any love for that excuse of an immortal?" Star tried hard not to cuss. "Devin is one of Ayden's henchmen! Don't you remember that? Or when Juneau gave up his life to stop Ayden? You have two choices here: Devin or Rosalynn. Are you going to let my sister die for that scumbag?"
Star had a point. How could she let Rosa die for that man? Besides, it was because of him she was dying. That she was cursed. If it hadn't been for the curse, they would probably be married by now. He shook his head in shame.
"No, I'm not. But I'm not going to kill him so cold either. I'm going to let him know I'm his son. Kathleen, is there anyway to save Rosalynn without killing Devin?"
Kathleen thought for a moment. "If he came to live in my realm and that I put a spell of him, then yes. Can you persuade him to do that though? That might be a challenge." She warned Spindel.
"It's worth a shot. How long do I have to accomplish my mission?"
"You can have as long as you need. I can cast a circle of protection around Rosalynn. But the longest my circle has lasted is 3 months." Kathleen told Spindel.
"Alright. I'll leave tonight after saying good-bye to Rosa. I can't leave without telling her farewell." He started to tear up again. "Who knows what might happen? I have to prepare for the worst."
"You're going to need me with you, Spin. I'm coming with you whether you like it or not! I wanna save my sister too!" Star said stubbornly. She looked like she had her mind made up.
He laughed a bit. "Ok, Star. Be ready to go tonight. That give you a couple of hours to pack things you need. Is Snowflake coming with us?"
"Duh, Snowflake's coming. Is your hawk coming?" She shot back.
"Point taken, Star.

Spindel stared at the moon that night. A soft breeze rifted through his hair. It was a little cool. He was all ready to go. Star put his stuff with hers on Snowflake's saddle. Apparently a unicorn could carry a lot. Star was posted outside Rosalynn's tent. Spindel stood not far from the tent's entrance. He didn't want to say good-bye to Rosa. He wasn't sure when he'd see her again, so he had to. That didn't make any less harder, though. He knew this might put a dagger in his heart. He hated being away from her, but he had to do this to save her. It was worth it to make sure she'd still live. Taking a deep breath, he opened the flap and entered the tent slowly. Rosalynn was on a cot. She was laying still for the moment. He could see the easy rise of her chest. it was good to know she was still breathing. Her skin was a bit pale. He softly whispered her name. Instantly, she flicked open her eyes.
"Spindel!" She smiled at the sight of him. "Where have you been, love?"
"I've been with you mom and sister. We were coming up with a plan." He kneeled close to her cot. He began to gently stoke her face.
"To defeat Devin? When do we leave?"
"Rosa....you're not coming. You have to stay here." He said.
"Stay here? Why?" She stared up at him. "Are you leaving me?"
"Yes. Kathleen will be able to protect you. She has a way where it'll give me more time." He kissed her cheek carefully. "I don't know how long this will take."
"Spin...please let me come with you. I can't stand nto being with you." She begged. "I love you, Spin."
"I love you too, Rosa. That's why I'm doing this. I have to save you so we can have a future together. So we can go back to my apartment together." He smiled at her. "So we can share chinese food forever."
She sighed. "Alright. I understand. You'll come back right?"
He laughed. "Of course, my rose. Would I ever leave you?"
"No."
He held her face in his hands. He kissed her, what might be their last kiss. He stared into her eyes and said, "Good-bye for now, my rose. I will be back. I love you so much."
"I love you too, Spindel."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:35 pm 
Veteran

Star didn't want to say good-bye to Rosalynn. She had told Spindel that she was use to not saying farewell. She felt that this wasn't the end, that her and Spindel were going to save Rose.
"I mean, I thought she was gone when she was cursed. But, she showed up in my life again. She'll pop up somewhere again." She smiled at Spindel, trying to keep his hopes alive.
He definitely was determined to save Rosalynn. She had been his sweetheart forever. Even when he was an assassin to Devin and he couldn't remember loving her,he still had feelings for her. He knew in his gut she was his soul-mate. Then glancing at Star, he wondered if she had somebody. Right now, they had just passed through Kathleen's gate. On Gavin's back and Star galloping on Snowflake, they had made good time. Only a day had passed since they left Rosalynn's tent. Since unicorns didn't exist in the mortal world, Star had left Snowflake in Kathleen's realm. She had told the sweet animal to go back to Kathleen's base. Being back in the real world, he wished it was him and Rosa going to his apartment. Instead, she was in another place, on the verge of death. Shaking his head, he decided to ask Star if she had somebody, so it could distract him.
"Hey Star." He tugged her hair. He had done that when they were kids.
"Yeah?" She hit his arm in an attempt to get him back.
"Do you have somebody? You know, in soul-mate way?" Even though Star was like a sister to him, it felt weird asking this. He hadn't remembered a time when she had a boyfriend. Then again, his memories had been a complicated topic.
"I did." She sighed, lowering her head toward the ground. He could hear her sniffle.
"I'm sorry, Star. I didn't mean to hurt you." He put an arm around her shoulder. "You know you're like a sister to me, Star. I wouldn't do something like that on purpose."
"I know. It's just..I miss him so much." She pulled a tissue out of her pocket and blew her nose. "It's just a hard thing to talk about for me. I'm sure you can understand."
"Completely. But..if you need to talk about it, go ahead." He smiled at her. Star looked up at him and tried to smile back, but he could see the struggle in that. "If he hurt you, I'll search him down and chop his balls off."
She laughed. "No, it wasn't like that, Spin. He was murdered by Ayden."
With that name, it hit Spindel right in the heart. "Ayden!" He yelled, angry once again at the old man. First Star's boyfriend and Juneau? He didn't know Star's love, but he hated that Ayden had caused Star pain.
"Spin..don't worry. Mom was saying after we lift Rose's curse, she's commanding an army to kill that Jerkface." The cuss word made her voice harsh and sharp. In that moment, Spindel saw something rare. He saw hatred in Star's eyes.
He could understand why she hated Ayden. If he hadn't cursed Rosalynn, Star would have gotten more years with her sister. He could even more understand how that leaves a hole in you. For years, he couldn't remember what he and Rosalynn had shared. He had to watch her from a distance and that had hurt him. If she had known their history, she would have been with him the first day after she was cursed. Not only that, Ayden had destroyed Star's love. He hadn't met that guy, but still, Star had loved him. Now she had to be all alone. Glancing at her, he knew she deserved more then that. He hugged her tight.
"i'm sure there's someone else out there for you, Star. You're an amazing girl. You'll find someone. I know it won't be who you loved, but it beats being alone." He said.
"Thanks, Spin. I'll keep that in mind. We've made it to where the bridge starts. My car should be parked somewhere within the beginning mist. I'll drive us to Devin's headquarters. We don't have time to goof off, every minute is precious to saving Rose."

She was right. Her car had been safe in the mist. It was quiet in the small vehicle except for Star's music. It sounded like she was listening to a mix cd. He heard one of two songs that he liked, which included a favorite of Rosa's. When they were fighting, she would play music in the background. Sometimes, she would even sing the songs while the swords clashed. Riding instead of walking made the trip go by quickly. They were at the hospital in ten minutes or more from the bridge. Pulling up in the hospital's old parking lot, he told Star, "Be my back up."
She nodded, then handed him a walkie-talkie. "Keep this strapped close to your sword. It should bend in so Devin doesn't see it. You're still gonna try to save him, aren't you?" She asked.
"Yeah. He's still my dad, after all. He might not have been in my life, that wasn't his fault though. He didn't know I was alive. If he knows I'm his son, maybe some of that pain will heal. He thought he lost his whole family, he didn't lose me."
"Ok. Just be careful and walkie-talkie me if you need back up. I'll be waiting here." She unlocked the doors so he could leave.
"Alright. Love ya Star." He hugged her real quick.
She giggled. "Love ya too, Spin."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:02 pm 
Veteran

Spindel went straight to Devin's office. On his way, he saw some of the warriors he had fought with in the past. They said hello to him and he nodded in reply. He didn't have time to goof off. Like Star said, every moment is precious to saving Rosa. He could not lose her. He wouldn't allow it. But, he also wouldn't allow killing his father without Devin knowing who he was. The whole reason for the curse was because he went mad after Spindel's mother died. Devin had thought that all of his family died. Except for Spindel. Kathleen had secretly helped his mother give birth to him and raised him as one of her own. Star and Rosa had been his childhood playmates, Rosa becoming his sweetheart for his entire life-time.
Kicking the door open, he could see Devin and Francesca huddled together. The sight made him want to barf. He knew then, that they had planned this. They had wanted Rosalynn to kill Kathleen. The only reason she left was because Francesca told her Devin had dirty motives. Rosa had told him this one night in Kathleen's realm. Spindel already suspected that was another twist in their devilish plot. They had given Rosalynn the motive to kill her mother. But they forgot one thing: that Rosalynn didn't know Kathleen was her mom. After Star told her the truth, she hadn't want to follow Devin's orders. As Spindel stared at the two, he could tell they knew something went wrong.
"Spindel, where is Rosalynn?" Francesca asked. She sounded concerned, he knew better though.
"Still in Kathleen's realm. In a tent, on the verge of death." He drew his sword hastily. "All because of you, hag!"
She raised a hand and said, "Do you have proof?"
"The clothes you gave her, they were soaked in poison. A healer of Kathleen's even examined her. Unfortunely for you, she was healed by a unicorn."
"A unicorn?!" Devin yelled in shock. "Who has a unicorn?"
Spindel grinned a little. "Her sister, LightningStar."
"So I'm guessing you here on business of Kathleen's." Devin said slowly. He leaned back in his chair. Francesca took a couple steps away from Devin.
"No, I'm on business of my own. I love Rosalynn and I will save her!"
Devin laughed at him. "Love is such a foolish thing, boy. Trust me on that."
"Only because you lost what you loved. You went crazy after that." Spindel said grimly.
"CAN YOU BLAME ME?" Devin roared. "I LOST MY FAMILY!"
Spindel waited until Devin became calm and whispered softly, "No you didn't."
Devin stared at Spindel. "What did you say?"
Spindel sheathed his sword away. "I said, no you didn't. For you see, I'm your son." He sat in the chair in front of Devin's desk. Or in another sense, his father's desk.
"You're lying."
Spindel stared him right in the eye. "No I'm not. I am the offspring of you and Haylie. She was my mother."
"That's impossible. Where's your evidence of this? Are you telling me that Haylie is still alive?" A tear fell down his eye. Spindel could tell he missed his love. Spindel understood, he was close to losing his after all.
"I wish I could say that, father. Mom died right after I was born. When those scum were attacking her, Kathleen saved her. She brought mom to her world. She was able to cast a spell of protection." Spindel sighed. "That only lasted until I was born, though. Kathleen still wishes her magic could have been stronger. She took me in as her own." He looked up at his father. "Well, now do you believe me?"
Devin stared down at his desk. "I had felt like there was something all the years you served me. I knew there was something special about you, Spindel." Devin then stared up into his son's eyes. "I thought you were my lost son. I just didn't want to get my hopes up for nothing." He let out a deep breath. "So, how do we save Rosalynn?"
"What!" Francesca stood up. "You promised me her blood! That I could kill her myself!"
"THAT WAS BEFORE!" Devin growled. It had shut her up. Francesca sat back down.
"Sorry, Devin." She whimpered. "What is the plan, then?"
"Yes, what is the plan, son?" Devin asked his new-found child.
"I have two options. One was to slaughter you. But, I wasn't willing to do that unless you knew about me. There is another choice, I had to get you to agree though." Spindel explained.
"What is it?"
"You have to come with me to Kathleen's. She wants a promise that you won't hurt any more of her people. That's why she cursed Rosalynn, so you could only harm her." He explained farther.
"You probably hate me for that, seeing how you love her." Devin said.
"No, I don't. Are you willing to that?" Spindel asked.
"Of course. It's time that I take responsiblity for my actions."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:39 pm 
Veteran

Spindel wasn't up for the idea of Francesca coming with them. He didn't trust her. Devin argued that they would need a healer in case they got injured. Spindel didn't want to make a dent in their new-found relationship. But, would the healer still try to kill Rosalynn? His guard was up, he had to protect Rosa. Even if he was from her side, it was still his job. It was because of Rosalynn he found the truth. His origins, his family. Yes, his mother was dead, but he had a father. He pushed his thoughts back as they raced out to Star's car. Looking to see her face, he could tell she was shocked seeing Devin by his side. Then, her face turned into a frown.
He came to her window. She rolled it down and he told her, "Star, it's ok. Devin's coming willingly to Kathleen. I know you don't trust him, but don't you trust me?"
She sighed. "Spindel, you're like a brother to me. Of course I trust you." She glanced over at Devin and Francesca and told them, "Get in, back seat though." They did as she commanded. Before they took off, Star asked, "Ok Devin, why are you doing this? What are you gaining, you douchebag?"
He shook his head. "Star-"
"No. You are not allowed to call me that. I am LightningStar to you. I'm only 'Star' to my friends and family." She spit back at him. You could cut the tension in the car with a knife. Star really wanted to split him open.
"Look, LightningStar, I understand why you hate me. It's because of me that you lost Rosalynn for years. I'm sure it wasn't easy to rekindle your relationship." He spoke carefully.
"You bet! I couldn't tell her I was her sister! I couldn't have my sister thanks to you. All those years we spent playing was wasted! She couldn't remember me!"
Spindel took her hand, seeing the tears starting to pool in her eyes. After all, he understood completely. "It's ok, Star. We got her back, that's what counts."
"Like I was saying, I don't blame you. I'm coming to save someone my son loves. You can understand. It's so..life-changing to have your family back." He looked in Spindel's direction. "When I found out your mother was pregnant, I wanted a son. Those thugs took her away from me. They took you from me too. Now I have you in my life again. I can't just...just let it go. I have to take this opportunity and change your life too, Spindel. I can right what I did wrong and I want to take that chance."
Star sighed. "I guess you got your mind made up. Ok, let's save Rose." She shifted the car into drive, backed-up and went in the direction of the bridge.

They stood outside the gate of Kathleen's realm. Spindel shook from excitement. He was going to have Rosa in his life again, his father was accepting him and they would try to take down Ayden. Seeing how much Star hated Devin, he knew she hated Ayden more. He hated Ayden too for causing Rosalynn pain. Her loyal wolf, Juneau, had given up his life to save her from Ayden's grip. Barely out of his thoughts, he saw Star go through the gate first. He followed after his father and Francesca. When they came to the other side, there was an ambush waiting for them. Ayden's henchmen surrounded them in a half-circle. In front of their small group, Ayden stood. His eyes seemed hell-bent on revenge. What had they done to him? All they had done was possibly kill one little assassin. How could one of his brainless worshipers mean anything to him?
Ayden chuckled. "What do we have here? Oh, look! One of my old friends, Devin. How are you?"
"Ayden, let us go. Think of it as doing a favor for an old friend." Spindel saw his father give Ayden a wide grin. Then Spindel shook his head in shame.
"Wish I could, but these two are on my hit list." Ayden pointed at Star, then at Spindel. "They killed one of my assassins. Usually I wouldn't care, but this was someone I trained from a child. I personally thought of him as a son."
Devin laughed a bit. "Funny, because you're trying to kill my son." Devin took a step in front of Spindel. "I will not let you murder the last member of my family."
Spindel could see Ayden's slow brain taking it in. "Ah, so Hailee's offspring did survive. So sad. I sent assassins to slaughter that goomba." The cuss word came out in a hiss. "To punish you becoming a doughnut, old friend."
Devin drew his sword. "Just because I fell in love didn't make me a doughnut! It meant I wasn't a heartless Jerkface like you!" He whispered over his shoulder, "Draw you sword, son. This might be bloody."
Star's hair flew up in the air. As if to aim, strands of her hair pointed at the men surrounding them. Lightning striked each enemy head on. They fell to the ground dead. The earth around them sizzled from Star's attack. Staring at Devin, she yelled, "Ayden's yours!"
Spindel walked over to Star's side and whispered, "How'd you do that? Weren't they immortal?"
"No. Only a few of Ayden's men are immortal. That way, if he wishes, he can slash them easily." Star replied. Then she added, "So Ayden's the one who killed your mother. Hopefully, Devin won't get Ayden all to himself!" She yelled so Devin could hear her.
Devin nodded and yelled back to them, "Go on! I'll distract the belly button!" They could see that Devin almost had him. Once they began to run away, he ran after them.
Once Devin caught up, Spindel asked his father, "How did you get away? Threw his sword out of his hands?"
"Yeah. That gave me a minute or two. I'm faster then that old fart. So, soon as I got running, I was already out of reach. I wanted to slit his throat, though."
"We all want that." Star said back to them. "But right now, we have to save Rose!"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm 
Veteran

Spindel felt weak as he rested in the treetop. They were close to Rosalynn. He wished they could've have kept moving, but he was exhausted. The day had been packed with going to Devin's and back to Kathleen's. Luckily, this has put their adventure to only a few days. Actually, it was just last night that he had left Rosalynn's side. The sands of time seemed to drift too slowly. He wanted her in his arms now. This second. Her absence left a gaping hole in his heart, his soul, his whole universe. He had gotten part of his world back with the recovery of his father. Spindel was grateful for that, but it wasn't Rosa. It wasn't her deep lavendar eyes or the fiery passion of her soul. Neither was it the taste of her lips or the scent of her skin. He needed her, all of her. The desire burned through his veins and he briefly whispered, "Almost there."
Coming out of his daydreams, he heard movement next to him. He glanced to only see Rosalynn's beautiful sister. "Oh it's just you, Star."
She grinned widely at him. "Yeah." She stared out at the sky and sighed. "We'll save her tomorrow, right?" She asked.
"I hope so, Star. Not having her in my arms is killing me. I feel like my heart's being torn."
"I know, Spin." She sighed again. "I know." They were interrupted by the ringing of a cell phone. Spindel was surprised to see Star pick it from her pocket.
"You have service here?"
"Totally. Mom built towers. Actually, this is her." She answered her phone with a sweet hello. Spindel heard them talk for a moment and then Star reached the phone out to him. "Somebody wants to talk to you." She smiled.
He grabbed the phone. "Hello?"
"Spin?"
His eyes widened. "Rosa? How are you doing, love?" He smiled, it was so good to hear her voice.
"I'm doing ok, Spindel. I think. Mom's says I'm not doing too good. I've been in some pain, but nothing I can't handle." She answered.
"I'm sorry you're in pain, Rosa. We're almost there. We'll be there tomorrow. I miss you so much!"
"I miss you too, Spin. Mom wants to talk to you, ok? I love you." She said.
"I love you too, Rosa. Hang in there."
"Spindel?"
It was Kathleen's voice now. "I'm here, Kathleen. What do you need to talk to me about? Is it about Rosa?" His breath caught in his throat and his heart sank. If it was about Rosa, it couldn't be good. Something was wrong. He could feel it.
"I'm afraid so, Spindel." He heard her sigh. "My healer checked up on her today. I'm doing all I can with my magic, but she only has a couple days left. Are you close?"
"We'll be there tomorrow. A couple days? How can that be?" He took in short, shallow breaths. Stay calm...
"Her heart is caving in, shattering all on it's own. Once the glass breaks...her soul will escape and will be lost. It will called to Death himself. You're her only hope, Spindel."
"I understand. I'll put Star back on the phone." He handed the cell back to Star. She grabbed it, a few tears pouring down her cheeks. She could tell something was wrong too. He could hear Kathleen tell Star the same thing she told Spindel. Rosalynn only had a couple days left before her heart broke. Before her soul would try to go to Death's cold hands. As soon as she slammed the phone shut, Spindel held out his arms to Star. She hugged him tightly.
"Shh..Star, we're going to save her. We still have a couple of days. Rosa's tent is only half a day away."
His father peeped in. "If he ride instead of walking. I believe walking would be a whole day."
"You and I can ride on my hawk. Star and Francesca can ride on Star's unicorn."
It was Francesca's turn to say something. "Which I'm looking forward to seeing. I thought the last unicorn died years ago." She said, almost a matter of fact way.
Star shook her head. "Snowflake is the last. I've been trying to find one more to breed her, but..no luck."
Devin spoke up, "Why don't we all get some rest and roll out first thing in the morning?"
Spindel nodded in agreement. "The sooner we leave, the sooner we get to Rosa."

That night, Spindel had problems getting to sleep. He had mixed feeling of excitement and worry. In one mind set he worried about Rosa, in the other he was excited about seeing her. Fighting to shut his mind off, he finally drifted off to sleep after a couple hours. It was dark, as if Spindel was cloaked in shadows. There was one shimmering light, bright as the morning sun. It shone over Rosalynn, asleep in a small cot. It appeared that she was in pain. Spindel tried to go to her when a strong voice shouted, "Stop!"
Spindel swiveled around to see the whiperer Tobias. "Why is she with us this time, Tobias?" Spindel asked madly.
"I'm watching her closely, Spindel. Rosalynn is on Death's list, but she is under protection of the whisperers." Tobias replied.
A wave of relief swam through Spindel. "I don't understand. Is she to die or not?"
Tobias nodded his head. "She is to die, then come back. The Great Council of our people have grand plans for you and Rosalynn. I am not allowed to give you all the details. I can tell you that Rosalynn is to live in the end."
"What should I do? Just watch everything play out?"
"Yes. I can also tell you there will be a war against Ayden. Although, I'm sure you knew that was coming. You're family hates him greatly, so do you." Tobias stared off in the direction of Rosalynn. He cleared his throat. "I came to give you a message, Spindel."
"What is it, Tobias?" He put all his attention to the whisperer. This couldn't be good. The news haven't be too good lately.
"You and Rosalynn are to be the new rulers of the immortals."
A firecraker of shock blew up in Spindel's chest. "What?!"
"Yes. Unfounately, this means Kathleen's death."
Again, Spindel couldn't help but ask, "What? Kathleen's going to die? Can't you save her too?"
Tobias shook his head. "It is not in the plans of The Great Council. I'm sorry, Spindel. I know it will hurt Rosalynn badly
."
"You're telling me! She just got her mother back! It's going to devastate her! And what about how I'll feel? Kathleen's been a mother to me too!" His hands began to shake. He couldn't hold this temper.
"Spindel, I have already discussed with Kathleen. She is willing to give up life to save Rosalynn. However, I can't tell you how Rosalynn will die. Only Kathleen can help now. You don't understand, Kathleen has lived for years. She's tired of the responsiblities."
"But who will continue to make immortals? How will our race continue without her?" Spindel spit back in their arguement.
"In sacrifing herself, that gift will go on to Rosalynn. We've worked out all the details. Something else you don't understand is we created Kathleen."
"No you didn't! She was created by elves to find immortality!" Spindel yelled.
"You do you think made those elves, Spindels? Who gave them the plans of Kathleen's making? We gave Kathleen that gift when she was born! It's because of us immortals exist in the first place! We've given up just as much as you! We've lost people because of Ayden's hand too!"
Spindel reeled back from that slap in the face. "What? How is that even possible? The whisperers only appear in dreams, don't they?"
"Yes. However, we do have a homeland. Everyone doesn't know something about Ayden that made him angry at us." Tobias said softly, lowering his head.
"What?" Spindel beckoned him to go on.
"We took away Ayden's gift of immortality. Kathleen's is the last one with that gift. Ayden still wanted to sell the secrets to the mortals. He was greedy, wanting all the riches of the world. He found a map to our mainland. We thought it had been destoryed, we were wrong. Deeply and terrribly wrong. In his anger, Ayden destoryed hundreds o whisperers. Friends, my mentors and.." Tears swept down Tobias' face. "And..my family were killed. This war..it will kill Ayden. We all will have our revenge at last!" Tobias face rose to a roar. "Go, put things into motion. After you restore Rosalynn, the war is to come!"
"So, the Jerkface will finally get what he deserves." With that last statement, Spindel woke up.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:30 pm 
Veteran

(Sorry, been too busy to post this. Sorta wrote it in a hurry too, so sorry if it's not too good.)

Right after everyone awoke, they hit the road. Devin sat behind Spindel, on Gavin's wings. Below them on the earthy floor, Francesca and Star rode on Snowflake. The unicorn galloped faster then any horse. They would make it to Kathleen's base in an hour or two, maybe less. He wasn't sure, he just wanted to be with Rosalynn. The curse would be gone-FINALLY. The reason they couldn't be together, the reason she was taken from her family, the reason Star couldn't be Rosa's sister anymore. Why they had all gone through years of agony and pain. Why Spindel could only watch her from afar. It had scorned his soul, torn his heart. But that would all be rewarded.
"Son!" Devin's voice bellowed through the rushing wind. Spindel broke out of the clouds. Devin pointed down, staring in the direction, Spindel could see Kathleen's version of a castle. Her loyal subjects surrouding her in their campsite. Below, one of those tents were Rosalynn's. He told Gavin quickly to land. Landing, they meet Star and her guardian animal, Snowflake.
"Are you ready for this, Spin?" Star asked, nuzzling Snowflake's head. The unicorn licked her face, making Star giggle.
"Yes!"
Star giggled again. "I miss her too, Spin. Come on, let's go see her." She pointed at Devin. "You need to go see my mother." She nodded her head in Francesca's direction, "You need to go with him."
After they left, Spindel and LightningStar went to Rosalynn's tent. Star gasped, seeing how her sister was. Rosalynn was ghostly white, a thick quilt covering her. Her eyes were closed and they could see she was shivering. Her chest slowly rose and fell, letting them know she was still breathing. A lavendar washcloth sat on her forehead. They could hear her barely calling Spindel's name.
Star took one step back out the tent. "She needs you the most. I'll go to mom and your father. I can't stand seeing her like this. Tell her I love her, would you?"
"Of course." Star left the tent, leaving only him and Rosa. He gently took the cloth from her forehead to check her temperature. She was burning up in a fever. Her eyes slowly flickered open, a smile coming over her face.
"Spin..." She tried to say his name, but he put a finger to her mouth.
"Rest, my rose. I thought your mother put a circle around you. I guess she took it down for me to come in. I'll ask her later. Right now, you're all that matters." He gently took her hand. Taking back the blanket, he could see the damage in her
chest.
It was the most grusome thing he had ever seen. Somehow, there was a hole in her shirt where her heart gaped out. Small pieces of glass left cuts on her skin, there was no colors like it should be. Instead, there was gray junk, possibly the shade of messed up kool-aid. A ridge of bruises surrounded the hole in hues of purple, blue, black and pinkish red where some blood remained. Rosa had closed her eyes again. The blood must be leaking at a constant pace. Seeing bandages close to her cot, he dipped it in water and started cleaning her wound. Instantly, her eyes fluttered back open and she grimaced from pain.
"Shh...it's ok. I'm just cleaning your chest. The pain will go away soon...Shh..." Spindel tried to soothe her, but she seemed unreachable. A couple moments later, Kathleen bursted into the tent.
"Spindel! Good, you're tending to her." She let out a breathe of relief. Spindel could see she was exhausted. He could almost see from the dark circles that she hadn't been sleeping.
"Kathleen, let's talk outside. Rosalynn needs more rest." He kissed her forehead and stood before her.
"I agree with you." She waved a hand outside. He followed her to be surrounded by their family and Francesca. No one said anything for a few minutes until Kathleen said, "Your father and I have had a deep discussion."
"Oh really?" Spindel asked, surprised.
Kathleen nodded her head. She pointed to a desk with a piece of paper on it. "We have written a new agreement. Why don't you check it out, Spindel?"
He walked over to see scribbling of both their hands. The agreement read:
I, Devin, shall never strike another immortal. If so, the punishment will be the stripping of my immortality. After thus, I shall be on Death's door and he will have the right to collect my soul.
After looking at his father's signature, he stared up at Kathleen asking, "Isn't that a bit drastic?"
She stared back at him to say, "Drastic, but necessary. The only way I can remove Rosa's curse is to know Devin won't hurt my people. I only have this right because I wrote certain things in the curse's contract. Things written in invisible ink." She grinned. Star giggled at her mom.
"And removing the curse will take away the pain?" Spindel said, hope barely in his voice.
"Yes, Spindel. But, I ask that you all stay out here. My powers are great and I'm afraid their magnitude might blind one of you. I know Rosalynn will be out until the spell is complete, so it shall only be me and my daughter."
Spindel raised his hands in surrender. "Whatever to save the one I love."
"Such a good boy, aren't you Spin?" Star said beside him. He jumped a little at her voice. She giggled. "I can tell that's all he's thinking about, Mom." Star jerked her thumb at Rose's tent. "Better go do your stuff."
They all stepped back to let Kathleen by. Outside, the could hear the chant of words, a faint light from the tent and felt a small shaking of the earth. A few minutes later, they could hear hushed whispers. Kathleen stepped back out to them claiming, "My work is done. My daughter is well." She nodded in Spindel's direction. "She will be out shortly."
A few more moments passed by until Rosalynn came out. She looked much better, more like herself. Her skin was glowing, her eyes were vibrant and she was wearing a new shirt. She ran to Spindel, who held out his arms. She jumped into his embrace screaming, "Spindel, I love you!"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm 
Veteran

Rosalynn didn't let go of Spindel. The warmth of his skin felt so comforting. She felt like she was thawing out from the bitter cold of her sickness. She looked down at her own skin, seeing that the color was coming back. There was something else that caught her eye, her thorn tattoos. Why had they not protected her from mom's attack? Wasn't there job to make sure she didn't get hurt? Why hadn't it worked? Weren't they made from her mother's magic? The swarm of questions in her head made her dizzy. This was more thinking she had done in days. It felt even better to get off that scratchy cot. It wasn't her ideal day plan to lay around. At the time, she was too weak to say anything about it, though. Everything was broken by Spindel letting her go.
"Spin?" She whimpered. "Why did you let go?" Her heart sank. "Don't you love me anymore?"
He giggled at her. "Of course I do, Rosa. But there are things to do, sweet rose."
Her mother stepped forward. "I agree with Spindel. Besides, his mission is complete now. Rosalynn is out of death's way. For now." She closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them again.
"Mom, what do you mean?" Star asked, then gave her sister a hug.
Spindel knew what it meant. He knew Kathleen wouldn't tell her daughters. He could almost predict what she would say next.
Kathleen shook her head. "Nothing, my daughter. I only speak of the future of war."
"War?" Rosalynn tensed. "Are we fighting Ayden? Are we going to bring him to justice? For everyone we have lost?" Her mind drifted to Juneau. To Micah, Star's lost love. But she didn't know if Spindel knew that. She only knew because she met Micah. When she saw he wasn't with Star, her sister told her he was killed by Ayden a few months ago. She squeezed Star's hand.
"Rosalynn..." A familiar voice behind her mother called.
Her breath caught in her throat. Shock filled her brain, making her heart thump hard. It was Devin. He was here. In mom's domain. Spindel wouldn't let him hurt her again, would he? If Spindel truly loved her, he would protect her at all costs. The thorns didn't seem to work out so well, so this was a great back-up plan. She saw her enemy come to her mother's side.
"Mom!" She screamed. "Watch out!"
Devin chuckled. "Rosalynn, don't worry. Your mother and I have an agreement. That's why the curse has been lifted."
Shock filled her again. "The curse..? It's..gone?" She stuttered, unable to process those words.
Spindel hugged her tight. "That's right, Rosa. That's how you were saved. My father-"
"Your father?" Rosalynn interrupted. "Devin is your father? Then...Hailee..."
"Was my mother." Spindel finished for her. "I have found my story. I have everything I fought for, except for one thing. Revenge on Ayden. He killed my mother."
"A punishment because I loved her." Devin said slowly. A expression of pain clouded his face. Rosalynn was surprised. How did this happen so fast? How did he have a change of heart?
"So, why did you have an agreenment with my mother?" Rosalynn questioned Devin.
"My reasons aren't that complicated. I found out Spindel was my son. My rage took over when I thought all my family was gone. But, that isn't true. There is one member of my family left. Spindel. I want to make him happy. The one way I could have done that was saving you. So, in order to accomplish that, I signed an agreement with Kathleen." He glanced the great immortal's way. "She is much wiser then anyone else, anyways. And, I want to bring Ayden to justice, too. For killing Hailee and Luke."
Francesca stepped up beside him. Spindel hugged Rosalynn tight again. Rosalynn could feel fear pulse through her new heart. She didn't want to die again. What was she doing here?
"What are you doing here?" She hissed her thoughts aloud. "You shouldn't even be here, even if Devin is no longer our enemy. You tried to kill me!"
Francesca nodded. "That might be true, but Devin insisted I came along. Besides, if a war is to start, you will need all the healers you can get."
"She is right, Rosalynn." Kathleen said. "You need to let your anger go. These people are our allies now. My servants have prepared us a place to discuss battle plans. Come." She lead the way and beckoned them to follow.
Before Rosalynn could follow her mother, something was bothering her shoulders. She reached back to itch it, but the itch wouldn't go away. Then, all of a sudden, she heard her shirt rip. She let out a sigh of relief, that felt so much better. Then, she heard several gasps. She glanced around, asking, "What's wrong?"
Spindel pointed behind her. "You have wings!"
"Your wings...they're beautiful, little sister." Star whispered to her.
Rosalynn stared at the strange tarp-like shadow over her head. She pulled part of it in front of her face. It was beautiful. The hue was of a bright lavendar, just like her eyes. The light purple was littered with what was red rose petals and thorns. The pattern wove through-out both wings. Rubbing the wings between her fingers, it felt as soft as rose petals too. It almost seemed like she was a rose herself.
"My daughter, the rose fairy." Her mother told her daughter. "I made you out of a rose and a fey's ashes, Rosalynn. It seems that lifting the curse has let your fey blood take over. LightningStar, you however, are not of fey blood." She told her other daughter.
Star smiled at her mother. "That's alright, Mom. I have my lightning and my stars."
Kathleen smiled back. "I'm so proud of both of you. Come, we have much to discuss."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:23 pm 
Veteran

"What?" Rosalynn's scream echoed in her ears. She couldn't believe what her mother had just said. Instead of striking Ayden head on, they decided to go another route. Their small council had decided on a scheme of secrecy and anarchy.
"I don't see the point of spilling all those innocent mortal's blood." Kathleen replied, remaining firm.
"Mom's right, Rose." Star said close to her side. "Those people have been brainwashed. They have families too. Loved ones that they have lost."
Rosalynn hung her head in shame. "I'm sorry. I'm just so angry." She was thristy for the venge for Juneau. Then, her nerves exploded as her hand was entangled in Spindel's. She felt the familiar warmth of his fingers. "And what do you think I felt, Rose? It's because of Ayden you almost died! But, lashing out at others isn't going to help."
Rosalynn lifted her head up slowly. "Mom I can't do this. My thorns didn't work. How am I suppose to lead rebels? Protect them from Ayden's harsh hands?"
Kathleen looked at the thorns covering her skin. Anyone else would have guessed they were tattoos. "It's because I was under the 'trust file' in your mind. Others won't be the same. That spot is for us-your family. That is for the sacred ones in your heart. Anyone else won't have the same privilege. Come here, my daughter.

Rosalynn came close to her mother. Kathleen ran both of her hands down Rosalynn's forearms. Her arms thrived into a rainbow florish of spirals, leaves and petals. Kathleen gave her a sly smile.

"Think of it as an energy boost. You don't think you can do this, but I believe you can."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm 
Veteran

Kathleen bore a troubled heart. She knew the ending to this story. Tobias had propsied it to her in a dream. She had no problem laying down her soul for her child. But, the grief that would ensnare her children, that she was not glad about. She had griefed her family before she gave some of essence into Rosalynn and LighteningStar. She had always seen herself in her children. LighteningStar being the lightest of Kathleen's soul. The hope, the faith, the reasoning behind all her decisions. Rosalynn carried the image of Kathleen's dark side. A rose that still bloomed among the dirt and mud. A curse that could be shattered. Her doubts doubled now seeing the sister of death walk towards her.

As usual, Cinda was covered in the remains of death. The stink of smoke smothered her skin, along with the rich hues of blood. Her hair drifted as a terrible mess around her shoulders. A raven rested on her back, slowly coming into view. Her feet were cut and bleeding. Or had she been stomping around in other's blood? Kathleen couldn't tell. She knew the sibling of death didn't have good news. The woman never did. Cinda could only be here to say what Kathleen was dodging:the fact she would have to die for Rosalynn. Her daughters would have to carry on the race of immortals. Why did Cinda have to wear such a smug look on her face though?

"Kathleen, my queen." Cinda bowed deeply. "I'm afraid I bear bad news, my lady."
"Please, drop the formalities, Sister Death. I know the news." Kathleen replied.
Cinda grinned slyly. "Ah, the Whisperer told you, Kathleen. So you know your fate."
"You seem happy by the sititation. You and your brother have wanted my soul for some time. Will this buy your freedom or your brother's?"
"I'm not sure. It would be better if both you and your daughter died. Then both of us could be free."
Kathleen stood firm from that harsh statement. She couldn't imagine either of her daughters dead. "I'm sorry you were cursed that way, Cinda."
"Well at least this way, you daughter and I will both lose our curse."

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next