The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return


It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 56
Who do you guys think will die in the last season? Richie has never permanently killed off any main characters and NOW he doesn't have to worry about show preservation anymore. It may become open season on some of our favorites. Thoughts?


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:11 pm
Posts: 45
I really hope at least 1 hero dies, just to make the story sad and more dramatic. It would be sort of disappointing if everyone lived wouldn't you think?

As for villians, I think all of them will die. Except maybe Scott and Pauline, maybe even Blaire as they are not exactly really evil. Pauline just wants revenge, Scott is greedy, and Blaire is just some power hungry kid.
I couldn't see Zubashi dying as he seems way to comedic to die, but I guess it's a possibility. Ken probably won't die either, he's just a bit upset at Ryu.
(Off Topic, I wonder what Ken's reaction to Blaire being on the opposite side will be.)

_________________
My Name is Nigel. I do some things.
If your bored, check out my stuff http://www.youtube.com/user/Zigelhh07


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:40 pm 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 56
I agree, at least one hero should die. Possibly two though... I think towards the beginning of the season, one should die right off the bat to raise the stakes, to know that not everyone is safe from being killed. Then another major one should die in the end in some sort of dramatic sacrificial move. I actually think Wario dying in the end would be very poetic. In the beginning he was sent to defeat Mario, but in the end he could sacrifice himself for him. I'd be sad that Wario died (He's my favorite), but it would very fitting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:35 am 
Offline
Freelancer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:06 am
Posts: 2338
Location: The Digital World Riding a Lightcycle
I doubt Wario would die (It would piss off a lot of people) but with that I agree most of the villains may die (Mainly Decious or Darkness, Bowser and Ganondorf would probably be defeated and return to their respective worlds to continue their own thing.)

Ken and Ryu would probably patch up things and Pauline would forgive Mario (Let's not forget she's probably brainwashed by Nox Decious so she isn't really evil)

_________________
Being Meta since 2010.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:08 am 
Offline
Freelancer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:13 am
Posts: 2092
Location: Vancouver
JRPictures wrote:
I doubt Wario would die (It would piss off a lot of people) but with that I agree most of the villains may die (Mainly Decious or Darkness, Bowser and Ganondorf would probably be defeated and return to their respective worlds to continue their own thing.)

Ken and Ryu would probably patch up things and Pauline would forgive Mario (Let's not forget she's probably brainwashed by Nox Decious so she isn't really evil)



I hope they don't have every villainous characters die.
Ganondorf would probably be weakened and maybe Sage might make an appearance to help seal Ganon in a sacred realm or something. That's my theory for Ganondorf's last appearance.
Characters that are not original are either going to be defeated (but not killed) or flee the war.
I theorized that Pauline is probably cursed by Ganondorf to embrace her darkness in her heart which is to hate Mario. Who knows, she may not want to harm DK. So it's likely she'll live since she's a part of Mario's love triangle where people can argue if it's Peach or Pauline for Mario.
Scott is an original character so he can either live, be stopped, or become deceased.

This Finale will be awesome because we don't know what their idea is mainly on.

If a hero were to die, I don't think anyone on Mario's side would die since they are not original.
Mona may have a close connection in the series which is what I hope for but still live in the end making Wario the longest to have a girlfriend and possibly get into a deeper relationship. A wedding episode! Who knows.

Here's an idea which Richie may not see!
Spoiler:
Mario and Luigi defeat the main Season 5 antagonists whether it's Ganondorf or a surprising original antagonist we might learn about as the Season rolls. After being defeated in the most epic battle, possibly off earthbound or even out of reality, Luigi dies.
Everyone attends Luigi's funeral and you see everyone sad as someone is reading the lines before saying Rest In Peace. You see tears running down many eyes, loss and regrets, and slow sad motion. The fans are supposed to cry at this scene feeling disappointed about the way it was decided to end.
Mario walks away from the coffin.
END OF SEASON 5
DIRECTED BY RICHARD MICHAEL ALVAREZ
PRODUCED BY CHRIS MULLER
- Luigi: Hey guys, is the joke over? Can we tell the real ending now before those stupid fans unsubscribe.
REAL ENDING!
*Epic Funny Ending with Mario finally making the decision to return to the Mushroom Kingdom or remain in the real world.*
THE END!

Like that's ever going to happen :P

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:58 am 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 pm
Posts: 88
Location: The Magic 8 Ball says "Yes"
Well for a show called STUPID Mario Brothers, it's possible. Though would that really work, especially when it seems a little...corny.

I'd rather have the series end on a more satisfying note.

_________________
Image

But you must have known that already...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:57 am 
Offline
Freelancer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:06 am
Posts: 2338
Location: The Digital World Riding a Lightcycle
Nitsua94 wrote:
JRPictures wrote:
I doubt Wario would die (It would piss off a lot of people) but with that I agree most of the villains may die (Mainly Decious or Darkness, Bowser and Ganondorf would probably be defeated and return to their respective worlds to continue their own thing.)

Ken and Ryu would probably patch up things and Pauline would forgive Mario (Let's not forget she's probably brainwashed by Nox Decious so she isn't really evil)



I hope they don't have every villainous characters die.
Ganondorf would probably be weakened and maybe Sage might make an appearance to help seal Ganon in a sacred realm or something. That's my theory for Ganondorf's last appearance.
Characters that are not original are either going to be defeated (but not killed) or flee the war.
I theorized that Pauline is probably cursed by Ganondorf to embrace her darkness in her heart which is to hate Mario. Who knows, she may not want to harm DK. So it's likely she'll live since she's a part of Mario's love triangle where people can argue if it's Peach or Pauline for Mario.
Scott is an original character so he can either live, be stopped, or become deceased.

This Finale will be awesome because we don't know what their idea is mainly on.

If a hero were to die, I don't think anyone on Mario's side would die since they are not original.
Mona may have a close connection in the series which is what I hope for but still live in the end making Wario the longest to have a girlfriend and possibly get into a deeper relationship. A wedding episode! Who knows.

Here's an idea which Richie may not see!
Spoiler:
Mario and Luigi defeat the main Season 5 antagonists whether it's Ganondorf or a surprising original antagonist we might learn about as the Season rolls. After being defeated in the most epic battle, possibly off earthbound or even out of reality, Luigi dies.
Everyone attends Luigi's funeral and you see everyone sad as someone is reading the lines before saying Rest In Peace. You see tears running down many eyes, loss and regrets, and slow sad motion. The fans are supposed to cry at this scene feeling disappointed about the way it was decided to end.
Mario walks away from the coffin.
END OF SEASON 5
DIRECTED BY RICHARD MICHAEL ALVAREZ
PRODUCED BY CHRIS MULLER
- Luigi: Hey guys, is the joke over? Can we tell the real ending now before those stupid fans unsubscribe.
REAL ENDING!
*Epic Funny Ending with Mario finally making the decision to return to the Mushroom Kingdom or remain in the real world.*
THE END!

Like that's ever going to happen :P


That would be hilarious and a nice call back to Season 1.

_________________
Being Meta since 2010.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:04 pm
Posts: 2786
Location: The Timestream
I would like to imagine a universe in which some of the main characters are killed off, but Richie has played with the concept so much that the actual death of a main character wouldn't hold as much weight; however, the same could just as easily be said about the villains, most of which have already been killed off once. But theoretically who could die can be summarized as so:

Most Comedy Relief Heroes and Villains, despite their allegiances, are usually immune to death due to their lack of significance to the plot. Of the heroes this applies to:
Brock and Gary primarily
Yoshi theoretically (he's too cute).
DK, although his life or death stakes with Scott Masterson push him further away from comedy.
UPS. I wouldn't hurt this guy.
Mona. While not comedy relief, she is a late arrival romantic interest, and they may get kidnapped, but not usually killed.
And of the villains:
Kamek. The Funny Minion is usually safe.
Bowser. He's so 1 dimensional and such a minor threat I can't imagine him dying unless he becomes a threat.
Scott Masterson although he seems to have gotten a little too serious.
FedEx. Why bother?

The more serious the character, the more likely their death as the formula suggests. A lot of secondary serious characters may be in trouble.
Ken and Ryu. Either they gotta make up or one or both of the will die.
Blaire Vherestorm. He's died before, why not again? By this point he has minion written all over him.
Solid Snake. He is getting a bit old, and he's killed his brother. That's 2 factors going against him.
Zubashi. Although he's even less than a threat, he came to the party a bit late thus no one should be upset. Same goes for that General dude.
Ness. While still a kid, he's more prone to being killed off than his comedy counterparts.

Okay, now we get into the gray territory, or rather black and white. The main heroes and the main villains. Mario and Luigi are hypothetically safe seeing as they're the titular characters and that Rich has mentioned making future Stupid Mario shorts after the season's over, hinting that they'll still be a stupid Mario to work with. Wario and Waluigi on the other hand, have always been more messy. Wario does have a romantic interest and Waluigi has become a bit more comedy but I could easily picture either of them making a heroic sacrifice. More so Waluigi, for Doug is less available plus what a great turn, out of a coma into a fatal battle!

I think where there is Ganondorf, there is Link; although, if Link does return he'll hopefully survive and not be heroically sacrificed. He has died before. Hopefully all the Big Bads (Nox, Ganon, and The Darkness) will meet their closure, hopefully some confronting the other!

Those are my thoughts on the topic.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:51 pm 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 56
Excellent analysis Adam! Now that you mention it, I definitely think that Waluigi is more suited to be killed than Wario (although I think Wario would be more ironic and powerful) Waluigi, in the case of non-canon material being released and Doug not being available, it fits. Also, as much as I like SMB and Richie, I feel as though resurrection has really "lowered the stakes". The same thing happened on the show 'Heroes' in which so many people died and came back to life, there was no urgency and "high stakes". What I HOPE for is that Richie takes the opportunity to explain this phenomenon, such as, there is something that causes the physics of the video game world to exist in the real world (such as the "extra life") and the only way to ensure permanent death (of the villains or anyone) is to "turn-off" whatever is causing that. Thoughts?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:04 pm
Posts: 2786
Location: The Timestream
35thpresident wrote:
Excellent analysis Adam! Now that you mention it, I definitely think that Waluigi is more suited to be killed than Wario (although I think Wario would be more ironic and powerful) Waluigi, in the case of non-canon material being released and Doug not being available, it fits. Also, as much as I like SMB and Richie, I feel as though resurrection has really "lowered the stakes". The same thing happened on the show 'Heroes' in which so many people died and came back to life, there was no urgency and "high stakes". What I HOPE for is that Richie takes the opportunity to explain this phenomenon, such as, there is something that causes the physics of the video game world to exist in the real world (such as the "extra life") and the only way to ensure permanent death (of the villains or anyone) is to "turn-off" whatever is causing that. Thoughts?

I believe it was Super Paper Mario that dealt with the in-game concept of The Underwhere where video game characters go when they get a Game Over. I think the idea to literally have video game concepts of game overs and extra lives would be a little out of universe for StMB. In a world of magic and super abilities, the deaths are probably one of the more realistic aspects discussed. According to Link's Tale is Episode 20, when Nox originally died he left the means to be revived and that's what Bowser did, he revived him. Decious used his power to revive Ganondorf and the 3 of them have a messy "who's the master?" relationship but by Episode 60 it's fairly obvious Ganondorf is the Biggest Bad, Bowser's his Right-hand man, and Decious is his servant after being ressurected by him. So Bowser brought back Decious who brought back Ganon who brought back Decious after Decious died. Now with the resurrecting abilities of Nox and Ganon they've managed to revive most of the other villains.

Because Decious played a part in his original resurrection, I think it's safe to assume Bowser has no means of reviving people. The Darkness has shown the ability to corrupt but not necessarily necromancy. Therefore, Ganondorf and Nox Decious are the two Big Bads that need to be killed in order to hypothetically assume there can be no more resurrections. Although, I would like some killing words to be "Game Over". That would be really cool and much welcome compared to the typical "I'll see you in hell!" "Rest in hell!" "Go to hell!" lines that are usually tossed around.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:09 pm 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 56
I guess what I predicted/thought should happen was correct! Snake died right off the bat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Death Magnetic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
Fan Girl
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1185
Location: Bron-Yr-Aur
........I say........... Snake? XD

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Character Deaths
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:43 pm 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Luigi's heart
i hope Luigi and Nox Decious never die cause I'm a Chris fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
suspicion-preferred