The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return


It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 am 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
Sorry, I know that this should be a personal message, but i don't think anyone checks those. Plus you guys can give me your opinion

I really don't want to delay episode 75 any longer than I already am, therefore it would really help me out if Lord Gavin possible helped out with some of the effects.

But I need to know some very important things first.

1. Is everyone ok with the idea that i wouldn't be doing all the Effects myself?

2. Does Gavin know how to rotoscope around a white stick that can barely be seen in some shots.

3. Does he know how to mask a black core?

4. Does he use adobe after effects?

5. (Finally) Can he get it done by Friday, I need the rest of the weekend to perfect everything and do Fanime lol.

If he could just do the rotoscoping I'll do all the coloring myself. I would just need the project from him, and not a rendred file. That way i could tinker with it and lay it into the rest of the project.

Let me know what you think!! ASAP!!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 am 
Offline
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:52 am
Posts: 42
Location: Michigan
Well, if you're looking for input, I think you should take your time and not rush yourself. Like Chris said in the update video, ...that thing. That he said. lol

But if you are really gonna try to make the 5/28 deadline, I'm sure some wouldn't even notice if someone else did the rotoscope. Whatever it takes, I suppose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 am 
Offline
Commentator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:36 pm
Posts: 1204
Location: N/A
Richalvarez wrote:
Sorry, I know that this should be a personal message, but i don't think anyone checks those. Plus you guys can give me your opinion

I really don't want to delay episode 75 any longer than I already am, therefore it would really help me out if Lord Gavin possible helped out with some of the effects.

But I need to know some very important things first.

1. Is everyone ok with the idea that i wouldn't be doing all the Effects myself?

2. Does Gavin know how to rotoscope around a white stick that can barely be seen in some shots.

3. Does he know how to mask a black core?

4. Does he use adobe after effects?

5. (Finally) Can he get it done by Friday, I need the rest of the weekend to perfect everything and do Fanime lol.

If he could just do the rotoscoping I'll do all the coloring myself. I would just need the project from him, and not a rendred file. That way i could tinker with it and lay it into the rest of the project.

Let me know what you think!! ASAP!!!


There's no issue at all with getting some help with the effects. I don't see why anyone would think that.
As for the rest of those things... I'm not sure. When I see Gavin, I'll ask him.

Or someone can yell at him to get on the forum to check this out. Forum! Get on that!

_________________
Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:17 am 
Offline
Role Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:30 am
Posts: 2045
Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
TheHiddenOne wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
Sorry, I know that this should be a personal message, but i don't think anyone checks those. Plus you guys can give me your opinion

I really don't want to delay episode 75 any longer than I already am, therefore it would really help me out if Lord Gavin possible helped out with some of the effects.

But I need to know some very important things first.

1. Is everyone ok with the idea that i wouldn't be doing all the Effects myself?

2. Does Gavin know how to rotoscope around a white stick that can barely be seen in some shots.

3. Does he know how to mask a black core?

4. Does he use adobe after effects?

5. (Finally) Can he get it done by Friday, I need the rest of the weekend to perfect everything and do Fanime lol.

If he could just do the rotoscoping I'll do all the coloring myself. I would just need the project from him, and not a rendred file. That way i could tinker with it and lay it into the rest of the project.

Let me know what you think!! ASAP!!!


There's no issue at all with getting some help with the effects. I don't see why anyone would think that.
As for the rest of those things... I'm not sure. When I see Gavin, I'll ask him.

Or someone can yell at him to get on the forum to check this out. Forum! Get on that!


I'll notify him if I see him on Skype. XD If I remember... Which I'll try! XD

_________________
Image

Image <-Thanks ML!

Image

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
You know, it's kind of funny when I got to work this morning, thinking "Maybe I should check out the forums. I mean, I donno... Maybe something important is bouncing around there, or something". Turns out, I was right. Aren't I just awesome at life? XD

But on a serious note: I assume you want just some beam-sword effects added into shots, Richie? Yeah, sure thing. I know how do all that and more. There's just one thing you need to consider: I work full time and can (probably) only input about... three or four hours into it a day, between now and Friday evening (total of about 12 hours of work on it). Am I fast? Oh yes, but just know that if it's anything substantial, it MIGHT take me some time. Also, I got some other effects/touches I can add onto the shots, if time presents itself, which I think you'll also enjoy. When I get home today, I'll make a render out of what I had involving that fight scene test I did last week so you can get an idea of what I could do in terms of a beam-sword fight (beyond just the beam-swords, which I DIDN'T bother doing in that test shot. I was experimenting with additional effects was all).

But yeah, I'll stay logged in all day while I'm at work so, if you post here on the forums in reply, I'll surely get it. If you want to send any files over my way so I can download them to work with tonight and on, send them to my E-mail at: [email protected].

And... yeah. Feel free to ask me anything else and/or discuss anything specific with me here, in E-mail, or what-not between then and now. Should be fun stuff, working on the series finale video of Stupid Mario Bros. :D

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:04 pm 
Offline
Fan Girl
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1185
Location: Bron-Yr-Aur
hahaha I also asked for him to 'gavinize' my work, too, a long time ago. he's a good beast.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:02 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
Celes wrote:
hahaha I also asked for him to 'gavinize' my work, too, a long time ago. he's a good beast.

Nya, you're just an adorable little gremlin, aren't you? ;3

And, to be fair, I do have a habit of "Gavinizing" things, don't I? Nearly everything I've ever touched in inspiration from someone else has popped out a little more bad-ass. Call it a talent, but I'll hold back my ego in that regards. XD

Anyway, still at work. If anything, people should be harassing Richie at this point to ensure he knows I'm aware and willing to help. I'm pretty sure he'll like any other effects I add into his scene/shot (if I have the time in the end. They're rather simple to add, thankfully), so if I forget to upload the test tonight to showcase them, my bad. Still, if I've yet to hear from him then, I'll be sure to upload it, since I won't be distracted with other things. I'll post it somewhere in here when that time comes (with will be within the next couple of hours, when I'm finally off work).

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:28 pm 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
LordGavin wrote:
Celes wrote:
hahaha I also asked for him to 'gavinize' my work, too, a long time ago. he's a good beast.

Nya, you're just an adorable little gremlin, aren't you? ;3

And, to be fair, I do have a habit of "Gavinizing" things, don't I? Nearly everything I've ever touched in inspiration from someone else has popped out a little more bad-ass. Call it a talent, but I'll hold back my ego in that regards. XD

Anyway, still at work. If anything, people should be harassing Richie at this point to ensure he knows I'm aware and willing to help. I'm pretty sure he'll like any other effects I add into his scene/shot (if I have the time in the end. They're rather simple to add, thankfully), so if I forget to upload the test tonight to showcase them, my bad. Still, if I've yet to hear from him then, I'll be sure to upload it, since I won't be distracted with other things. I'll post it somewhere in here when that time comes (with will be within the next couple of hours, when I'm finally off work).


I'm deciding what stuff to give you at the moment, and how i'll get it to you, since i'm pretty sure email won't send these huge files.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:41 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
Richalvarez wrote:
I'm deciding what stuff to give you at the moment, and how I'll get it to you, since I'm pretty sure email won't send these huge files.

Worst comes to worst, you could always upload the video segments as an unlisted video and simply E-mail me the link. I could then download the videos via a YouTube downloading site, similarly to how I did before. As well, give me whatever you want and I'll try and get it all done. Lord help me if I get anything else worth while doing over the next couple evenings anyway. If it turns into too much, I'll be sure to give you good notice on that, but I'm confident it won't be.

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:48 pm 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
LordGavin wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
I'm deciding what stuff to give you at the moment, and how I'll get it to you, since I'm pretty sure email won't send these huge files.

Worst comes to worst, you could always upload the video segments as an unlisted video and simply E-mail me the link. I could then download the videos via a YouTube downloading site, similarly to how I did before. As well, give me whatever you want and I'll try and get it all done. Lord help me if I get anything else worth while doing over the next couple evenings anyway. If it turns into too much, I'll be sure to give you good notice on that, but I'm confident it won't be.


I'll be uploading the clips to a downloader site called sendspace, you can download them from there. Remember, I just want the After Effects project from you. That way I can put your effects on top of my un-rendered raw footage, that way the final product can be as uncompressed as possible. Also, You'll be getting a credit for special effects, what should i name you as?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:54 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
Richalvarez wrote:
I'll be uploading the clips to a downloader site called sendspace, you can download them from there. Remember, I just want the After Effects project from you. That way I can put your effects on top of my un-rendered raw footage, that way the final product can be as uncompressed as possible. Also, You'll be getting a credit for special effects, what should i name you as?


Fair enough, and yeah, I know what you mean by just sending the after effects project. Hopefully, it's all compatible with yours/mine and stuff, so I'll keep what effects I do as simple/transferable as possible. Otherwise, solutions will be found.

Credit would be great. You can call me, "Lord Gavin MacLean" in your list (the addition of my YouTube channel "LordGavinGames" would also be appreciated, but to your discretion).

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:03 pm 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
LordGavin wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
I'll be uploading the clips to a downloader site called sendspace, you can download them from there. Remember, I just want the After Effects project from you. That way I can put your effects on top of my un-rendered raw footage, that way the final product can be as uncompressed as possible. Also, You'll be getting a credit for special effects, what should i name you as?


Fair enough, and yeah, I know what you mean by just sending the after effects project. Hopefully, it's all compatible with yours/mine and stuff, so I'll keep what effects I do as simple/transferable as possible. Otherwise, solutions will be found.

Credit would be great. You can call me, "Lord Gavin MacLean" in your list (the addition of my YouTube channel "LordGavinGames" would also be appreciated, but to your discretion).


Cool, I'm just gonna do it through youtube sense sendspace couldn't handle the files lol. I'll let you know when its done and send the link to your email. Fair warning: You might be spoiled a little.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
Richalvarez wrote:
Cool, I'm just gonna do it through youtube sense sendspace couldn't handle the files lol. I'll let you know when its done and send the link to your email. Fair warning: You might be spoiled a little.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!! FAN-RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! >8C

Alright, so I'm not exactly THAT upset... or upset at all... but sure thing. I'll watch for it. ;D

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 908
Location: In the Recesses of My Mind
Couldn't you use mediafire? The quality won't be as good through Youtube.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
TheInsanityProd wrote:
Couldn't you use mediafire? The quality won't be as good through Youtube.


it really doesn't matter because when he gives me the effects they'll be pasted back on top of the raw files.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
suspicion-preferred