The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 am 
Creator

Sorry, I know that this should be a personal message, but i don't think anyone checks those. Plus you guys can give me your opinion

I really don't want to delay episode 75 any longer than I already am, therefore it would really help me out if Lord Gavin possible helped out with some of the effects.

But I need to know some very important things first.

1. Is everyone ok with the idea that i wouldn't be doing all the Effects myself?

2. Does Gavin know how to rotoscope around a white stick that can barely be seen in some shots.

3. Does he know how to mask a black core?

4. Does he use adobe after effects?

5. (Finally) Can he get it done by Friday, I need the rest of the weekend to perfect everything and do Fanime lol.

If he could just do the rotoscoping I'll do all the coloring myself. I would just need the project from him, and not a rendred file. That way i could tinker with it and lay it into the rest of the project.

Let me know what you think!! ASAP!!!

Post subject: Re: ATTEN: Lord Gavin!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 am 
Newcomer

Well, if you're looking for input, I think you should take your time and not rush yourself. Like Chris said in the update video, ...that thing. That he said. lol

But if you are really gonna try to make the 5/28 deadline, I'm sure some wouldn't even notice if someone else did the rotoscope. Whatever it takes, I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 am 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:
Sorry, I know that this should be a personal message, but i don't think anyone checks those. Plus you guys can give me your opinion

I really don't want to delay episode 75 any longer than I already am, therefore it would really help me out if Lord Gavin possible helped out with some of the effects.

1. Is everyone ok with the idea that i wouldn't be doing all the Effects myself?

2. Does Gavin know how to rotoscope around a white stick that can barely be seen in some shots.

5. (Finally) Can he get it done by Friday, I need the rest of the weekend to perfect everything and do Fanime lol.

If he could just do the rotoscoping I'll do all the coloring myself. I would just need the project from him, and not a rendred file. That way i could tinker with it and lay it into the rest of the project.

There's no issue at all with getting some help with the effects. I don't see why anyone would think that.
As for the rest of those things... I'm not sure. When I see Gavin, I'll ask him.

Or someone can yell at him to get on the forum to check this out. Forum! Get on that!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:17 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
TheHiddenOne wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:

There's no issue at all with getting some help with the effects. I don't see why anyone would think that.
As for the rest of those things... I'm not sure. When I see Gavin, I'll ask him.

Or someone can yell at him to get on the forum to check this out. Forum! Get on that!

I'll notify him if I see him on Skype. XD If I remember... Which I'll try! XD

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 pm 
Intermediate

You know, it's kind of funny when I got to work this morning, thinking "Maybe I should check out the forums. I mean, I donno... Maybe something important is bouncing around there, or something". Turns out, I was right. Aren't I just awesome at life? XD

But on a serious note: I assume you want just some beam-sword effects added into shots, Richie? Yeah, sure thing. I know how do all that and more. There's just one thing you need to consider: I work full time and can (probably) only input about... three or four hours into it a day, between now and Friday evening (total of about 12 hours of work on it). Am I fast? Oh yes, but just know that if it's anything substantial, it MIGHT take me some time. Also, I got some other effects/touches I can add onto the shots, if time presents itself, which I think you'll also enjoy. When I get home today, I'll make a render out of what I had involving that fight scene test I did last week so you can get an idea of what I could do in terms of a beam-sword fight (beyond just the beam-swords, which I DIDN'T bother doing in that test shot. I was experimenting with additional effects was all).

But yeah, I'll stay logged in all day while I'm at work so, if you post here on the forums in reply, I'll surely get it. If you want to send any files over my way so I can download them to work with tonight and on, send them to my E-mail at: [email protected].

And... yeah. Feel free to ask me anything else and/or discuss anything specific with me here, in E-mail, or what-not between then and now. Should be fun stuff, working on the series finale video of Stupid Mario Bros. :D

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:04 pm 
Fan Girl

hahaha I also asked for him to 'gavinize' my work, too, a long time ago. he's a good beast.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:02 pm 
Intermediate

Celes wrote:
hahaha I also asked for him to 'gavinize' my work, too, a long time ago. he's a good beast.

Nya, you're just an adorable little gremlin, aren't you? ;3

And, to be fair, I do have a habit of "Gavinizing" things, don't I? Nearly everything I've ever touched in inspiration from someone else has popped out a little more bad-ass. Call it a talent, but I'll hold back my ego in that regards. XD

Anyway, still at work. If anything, people should be harassing Richie at this point to ensure he knows I'm aware and willing to help. I'm pretty sure he'll like any other effects I add into his scene/shot (if I have the time in the end. They're rather simple to add, thankfully), so if I forget to upload the test tonight to showcase them, my bad. Still, if I've yet to hear from him then, I'll be sure to upload it, since I won't be distracted with other things. I'll post it somewhere in here when that time comes (with will be within the next couple of hours, when I'm finally off work).

Remember:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:28 pm 
Creator

LordGavin wrote:
Celes wrote:

Nya, you're just an adorable little gremlin, aren't you? ;3

And, to be fair, I do have a habit of "Gavinizing" things, don't I? Nearly everything I've ever touched in inspiration from someone else has popped out a little more bad-ass. Call it a talent, but I'll hold back my ego in that regards. XD

Anyway, still at work. If anything, people should be harassing Richie at this point to ensure he knows I'm aware and willing to help. I'm pretty sure he'll like any other effects I add into his scene/shot (if I have the time in the end. They're rather simple to add, thankfully), so if I forget to upload the test tonight to showcase them, my bad. Still, if I've yet to hear from him then, I'll be sure to upload it, since I won't be distracted with other things. I'll post it somewhere in here when that time comes (with will be within the next couple of hours, when I'm finally off work).

I'm deciding what stuff to give you at the moment, and how i'll get it to you, since i'm pretty sure email won't send these huge files.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:41 pm 
Intermediate

Richalvarez wrote:
I'm deciding what stuff to give you at the moment, and how I'll get it to you, since I'm pretty sure email won't send these huge files.

Worst comes to worst, you could always upload the video segments as an unlisted video and simply E-mail me the link. I could then download the videos via a YouTube downloading site, similarly to how I did before. As well, give me whatever you want and I'll try and get it all done. Lord help me if I get anything else worth while doing over the next couple evenings anyway. If it turns into too much, I'll be sure to give you good notice on that, but I'm confident it won't be.

Remember:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:48 pm 
Creator

LordGavin wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
I'm deciding what stuff to give you at the moment, and how I'll get it to you, since I'm pretty sure email won't send these huge files.

Worst comes to worst, you could always upload the video segments as an unlisted video and simply E-mail me the link. I could then download the videos via a YouTube downloading site, similarly to how I did before. As well, give me whatever you want and I'll try and get it all done. Lord help me if I get anything else worth while doing over the next couple evenings anyway. If it turns into too much, I'll be sure to give you good notice on that, but I'm confident it won't be.

I'll be uploading the clips to a downloader site called sendspace, you can download them from there. Remember, I just want the After Effects project from you. That way I can put your effects on top of my un-rendered raw footage, that way the final product can be as uncompressed as possible. Also, You'll be getting a credit for special effects, what should i name you as?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:54 pm 
Intermediate

Richalvarez wrote:
I'll be uploading the clips to a downloader site called sendspace, you can download them from there. Remember, I just want the After Effects project from you. That way I can put your effects on top of my un-rendered raw footage, that way the final product can be as uncompressed as possible. Also, You'll be getting a credit for special effects, what should i name you as?

Fair enough, and yeah, I know what you mean by just sending the after effects project. Hopefully, it's all compatible with yours/mine and stuff, so I'll keep what effects I do as simple/transferable as possible. Otherwise, solutions will be found.

Credit would be great. You can call me, "Lord Gavin MacLean" in your list (the addition of my YouTube channel "LordGavinGames" would also be appreciated, but to your discretion).

Remember:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:03 pm 
Creator

LordGavin wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:

Fair enough, and yeah, I know what you mean by just sending the after effects project. Hopefully, it's all compatible with yours/mine and stuff, so I'll keep what effects I do as simple/transferable as possible. Otherwise, solutions will be found.

Credit would be great. You can call me, "Lord Gavin MacLean" in your list (the addition of my YouTube channel "LordGavinGames" would also be appreciated, but to your discretion).

Cool, I'm just gonna do it through youtube sense sendspace couldn't handle the files lol. I'll let you know when its done and send the link to your email. Fair warning: You might be spoiled a little.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 pm 
Intermediate

Richalvarez wrote:
Cool, I'm just gonna do it through youtube sense sendspace couldn't handle the files lol. I'll let you know when its done and send the link to your email. Fair warning: You might be spoiled a little.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!! FAN-RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! >8C

Alright, so I'm not exactly THAT upset... or upset at all... but sure thing. I'll watch for it. ;D

Remember:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:24 pm 
Veteran

Couldn't you use mediafire? The quality won't be as good through Youtube.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:42 pm 
Creator

TheInsanityProd wrote:
Couldn't you use mediafire? The quality won't be as good through Youtube.

it really doesn't matter because when he gives me the effects they'll be pasted back on top of the raw files.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next