The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: ALQ: Chatter: The Forest Draws Near...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 pm 
Commentator

... We really lost our steam quickly, didn't we?

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:44 am 
Role Player

XD THO, your newest post was pure brilliance.

http://dragcave.net/account
ImageImageImageHigher level of Dragon raising!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:03 pm 
Storyteller

After years in the Poaster, the next part of Fravir and Aurelius' adventures are up! Wow that felt good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:07 am 
Freelancer

Hopefully whoever comes back can finish up ALQ, and the little stories we have all hopefully grown to love, though a daunting task for us, without a doubt, is going to be to remember where we left off and what we need to do from here on out, but I know we can handle it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:29 am 
Commentator

Ok, let's get this all out of the way now. I left Skype for awhile. Again. I may have also had some rather stressful stuff happen over the past year which included the following:
- Multiple people I know who went to the hospital
- A massive switch in college plans/medical issues which lead to one of my worst semesters ever.
- And a bunch of other stressful stuff.

In that time, I pretty much wasn't thinking clearly and cut off all contact from everyone. I'm an belly button. This can not be denied. Why am I saying all of this now? Here's why.

Everyone appears to be coming back after a very, very long break. One I thought was going to last an eternity because I was pretty sure no one else was going to post. I don't know how long everyone plans to go ahead and continue writing the story. I don't know if we're going to finish it. What I do know is I'm wrapping up my part if everyone is really committed to this. I don't know if it will be quick, but it will probably be a change from whatever my original plan is. This is less of a "I want out" situation, and more of a "I need to make sure this isn't an anchor for everyone else, no matter what happens in the future." Which will be better for everyone.

If anyone had plans with me, please PM me so I don't screw it up. But if we're doing this again, no more stalling. We go on another 1 year break, I'm ending my storyline as quickly as possible. It won't involve screwing up anyone else's plan by writing everyone. It will just be a really, really terrible canon ending for Shrow'd. But it will be an ending.

I'll get back to you soon enough.

-THO

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 am 
Storyteller

Of all the members to come out of the woodwork for this, i expected THO the least, but you are definitely not by any means on i didn't want. Welcome old friend, i agree this tale needs to be finished. I tried to give up on it several times, but it won't leave me alone. And i guess that's a good thing, I've always wanted to finish this story. I think we can now. It's been a wonderful ride, let's make this last lap a good one!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:06 pm 
Commentator

EDIT: Good god, the typos and grammatical errors. That's what I get for typing this up right before leaving to go to work. Fixed. I hope. Did I mention I'm an idiot?

Also, I may or may not have forgotten some character names. When I actually type up the post, I'll make sure everything is correct.
-----------------------------------------
Ok, so unless I promised anyone that Shrow'd/Reuben would be causing trouble for them, this is what is going to happen story wise so I can begin the wrap up.

- I've changed my intended ending slightly. And by slightly, I mean most of it has been changed. The only thing that hasn't changed is the planned epilogue I ended (that would come following the final battle with Legion), as well as one character's involvement in the final battle with Legion (Although I now intent to have a second character present in the final battle. This character clearly isn't one of the chosen heroes. It won't conflict with any plans previously made. Basically, the second character will just be present.) You'll understand what I'm talking about later. It was always intended that the final battle with Shrow'd would take place before the final chapter of ALQ (or at least the final battle with Legion). And then there would be an event that would cause one character to come "late to the party" for the final battle with Legion for character development reasons. Speaking of which...

- The Brendan Storyline: I'm getting this out there because this is no longer happening. The original intent was for Brendan and Shrow'd to fight on top of a plateau (essentially before the gods, as Shrow'd wanted to show his defiance to even them by taking out one of the chosen heroes.) His brother and Mom would assist by using a special spell that would free Shrow'd's soul from the darkness (or at least allow Brendan to enter, defeat the darkness, and get out.) I'm not covering all the details because some of the original story is still happening... It's just not going to be Brendan and friends coming with.

- WHY? One, because a lot of the original plan, looking back at it now, was stupid. Two, being the only one to write this final battle allows me to finish Shrow'd's story as quickly as possible in the event of a long hiatus again. Three, because I want Shrow'd's half brother to get more development. In the event the sequel story to ALQ happens, this would give the origin to... another character. I'm sure one or two of you remember that plan you gave with me. Otherwise, even if that doesn't happen, I want more development for him.

- Next Post: All of Brendan's character's lines will be kept to basic reactions to what I'm going to do next. Shrow'd's father's spirit will quickly explain the new situation, and inform them that they need to go (The Kingdom of the Phoenix community will also have their "story" wrapped up. Basically, this place will be no more and they will exit isolation. Brendan, your call if you want to assist or not or do your own thing. I apologize for putting you in this position.) Shrow'd's father will explain to Shrow'd's half-brother what needs to be done. That whole exposition dump will occur in a separate area from where they are now (Basically, ghost teleportation. Make fun of it, but it's for the best to prevent me controlling Brendan's characters too much without feedback. Again, basic reactions and them being there for the father explaining the situation. Dialogue kept to a minimum (Basically one "Are you kiddin-" and that's it.))

- As you can guess, Shrow'd's half brother will now confront his brother. After leaving the protected area, Shrow'd will sense a "rouge spirit he can't identify" (His father) and head to the location I originally intended the Brendan/Shrow'd final battle to occur.

- This sounds like I'm wrapping this whole story up in 3-5 posts. I'm not. It will take a bit. But it is being wrapped up.

- Shrow'd final battle will finish by the end of the chapter.

- First of original aftermath to Shrow'd final battle plan (that has been slightly modified) will occur during the first half of the final chapter (Up to half way through the final battle with Legion.)

- Two characters (Yes, yes. It's probably obvious. Shut up.) will join the battle halfway through.

- Shrow'd's stone will make it to the heroes before the final battle. Not to worry. The original intent was for Brendan to take it to the heroes since he was there. I have an alternate, last minute cop-out plan for this.

The next story post will be made sometime within the next two weeks due to real life. It could be really soon, it could be in two weeks. Stay tuned.

Last edited by TheHiddenOne on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:04 pm 
Commentator

Oy, it's been so long. I feel like such a stranger here.
If I remember correctly I was in the middle of some collaboration with the relzinator. Also, all of my ALQ notes are on an old laptop that is no longer, eh, how do I say it... with us. This means I don't have much of any recorded notes of what I was writing about and what I've got to work with is my rusted memory. I'll still do what I can.
Also, college is a thing that is happening and finals are coming up. Basically, I'm drawing out my list of excuses that I can pull from later, but excuses don't write ALQ posts so I'll try not to be gross about it.
It's good to be back though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:13 pm 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
Don't worry there yy... cause I bloody well have no idea either. Don't remember even what my end goal for this particular chapter was only thing I do know is that based upon my current interests in life that the story of ether is going to be taking a much differnt tone and path. At least for end game. As for this chapter. Possibly just starting the settup for said new goal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:43 pm 
Role Player

It's been a long time since there's been any activity here, but it looks like things are beginning to pick back up.

There's a lot I don't remember about Brendan's story, as a whole, except for maybe a few of the important events that occured within his storyline. I did go back and read the last few posts that were made as a collaboration between me and THO.

I'm not sure if THO's April Fools post actually counts as cannon or not, so if THO could clarify that for me, it would help. If there's no reason for Brendan and his crew to get involved in Shrow'd's story, then I'll need to start making plans for what Brendan needs to do next, which may just be to make preperations for the final battle with Legion, but I'll need to think things through before I'm totally certain that this is what I want to do.

I do remember what I intended for Brendan's role to be in the final battle, somewhat.

I guess I'll go ahead spoil it for everyone, but basically, in the final battle with Legion, Brendan was basically going to sacrifice his life in order to bring forth the final blow, as only the power of his Sacred Silver Light (?) (I forget what it was called, to be honest), along with the combined sacred energies/power/magic (?) of all the chosen heros, transfered into him, could give Brendan the power to finally defeat and deliver the final blow to Legion, which would result in Brendan's death.

I also recall that I had wanted each chosen hero to make a post of them basically saying whatever they wanted to say before the final blow moment, and transfer their energies to Brendan once they finished their post.

That was what I originally planned, but it seems like I'm sort of over gloryfying Brendan in my original plan.

I do not know if I will still go with the plan. I might if everyone is okay with the idea of Brendan being the one to bring forth the final blow. I can change that if I need to.

I will try to figure out what I will do next for Brendan's story, but I need clarification from THO before I post anything.

Visit my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/linkandfoxesrock12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:58 pm 
Intermediate

I hadn't even remembered there were forums...

In any case. Hello everyone! Good to see you all again. I don't really remember what my character was doing (And I recognize that my character has been, and probably will continue to be, very unimportant in the plot tot his point), because of regularly broken continuity between my ideas for my character's story and what was actually going in.

And honestly, I don't want to read the old stuff. It seems like every other time that I read something old I had written, I am filled with a dry sense of regret on how I could have written something so silly.

As far as getting this **** done, I doubt I have much time to interact over the next couple of weeks. Perhaps after that, I can give it more focus.

And a higher quality of writing.

Edit: And in completely unrelated news, I just realized that I'll have to update my banner that I made, because Peter Capaldi is the Doctor now, not Matt Smith. AAGH

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:35 pm 
Commentator

BrandonCDi wrote:
It's been a long time since there's been any activity here, but it looks like things are beginning to pick back up.

There's a lot I don't remember about Brendan's story, as a whole, except for maybe a few of the important events that occured within his storyline. I did go back and read the last few posts that were made as a collaboration between me and THO.

I'm not sure if THO's April Fools post actually counts as cannon or not, so if THO could clarify that for me, it would help. If there's no reason for Brendan and his crew to get involved in Shrow'd's story, then I'll need to start making plans for what Brendan needs to do next, which may just be to make preperations for the final battle with Legion, but I'll need to think things through before I'm totally certain that this is what I want to do.

I do remember what I intended for Brendan's role to be in the final battle, somewhat.

I guess I'll go ahead spoil it for everyone, but basically, in the final battle with Legion, Brendan was basically going to sacrifice his life in order to bring forth the final blow, as only the power of his Sacred Silver Light (?) (I forget what it was called, to be honest), along with the combined sacred energies/power/magic (?) of all the chosen heros, transfered into him, could give Brendan the power to finally defeat and deliver the final blow to Legion, which would result in Brendan's death.

I also recall that I had wanted each chosen hero to make a post of them basically saying whatever they wanted to say before the final blow moment, and transfer their energies to Brendan once they finished their post.

That was what I originally planned, but it seems like I'm sort of over gloryfying Brendan in my original plan.

I do not know if I will still go with the plan. I might if everyone is okay with the idea of Brendan being the one to bring forth the final blow. I can change that if I need to.

I will try to figure out what I will do next for Brendan's story, but I need clarification from THO before I post anything.

Yes, that was an April Fool's Day Prank, as well as (semi) joking around that it would be canon if no one worked on it for over a year/I never posted again.

... Oh wait. It was over a year.

WHOOPS!

Errr.... Not Canon. Cap! I need the magic of mod powers I don't have on this board to delete that post! ... Or I can just delete the entire post after work and have a (IGNORE THIS POST!) part, but that would look kind of off.

As for what to do next.... I have to run to work! So... wait until later! All shall be revealed! (Seriously, hold off until my next post.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:17 pm 
Storyteller

I'm on it THO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:59 am 
Commentator

Brendan, I leave you to choose what your characters do from this point on.

Everyone, this is the beginning of the end for Shrow'd's story.

Cap and Adam, I know you did not see one aspect of the post coming. I did originally intend to have Andres ask either Brendan or Fravir, at the end of ALQ, to be trained in combat by either of them, which would lead to Andres becoming a warrior in RotH. I'm not going to force anyone to go along with this new plan. At one point, when I'm done with my semester, I will try to come back on Skype and discuss this further (or just PM me). Even if RotH isn't happening, or I can't write it, I would like to see the story end with Andres preparing to follow some sort of path for the future.

To everyone, I hope this post was ok. It was very long, but it starts to show the new plan I am devising for the end.

The next post will explain the task Andres, Nadia, and Adalwin must achieve. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:47 pm 
Role Player

I will have Brendan lead Nadia, her family, and friends out of The Kingdom. After that, I still need to think about what Brendan will do next. I may have Brendan and his crew to train and prepare for the final battle with Shrow'd, since I don't remember what my intentions were going to be with what I planned on doing. I probably was just following along with what THO's original plan was to start with, but since that has changed, I'll have Brendan and company go a completely different direction. If by chance that Brendan encounters Shrow'd/Ruben, then a battle might happen, but that's only if THO wants to, which I doubt it.

If RoTH's happens, I won't be apart of it, as I've honestly lost all interests in ALQ as a whole, as well as the entirety of the entire forums. I'll probably make a proper leave of the forums once I'm finished with ALQ. Brendan's possible sacrifice at the end of the final battle will pretty much signify the end of his story, though I might make an epilogue that will explain what happens with Kathra and Lezzen, depending on what I decide to do with those two characters, as well as explaining how Brendan's sacrifice and heroic actions will live on as both a great memory and legend.

I'll get around to making a post very soon.

Visit my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/linkandfoxesrock12

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next