The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 2 predictions?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:42 pm 
Newcomer

I'm really gonna miss brock he was really funny!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:02 pm 
Newcomer

I think in Act 2 Bowser will fight Bowser, but Shadow Mario will show up. For some reason I think Shadow Mario will kill Bowser. Anyway I also think Zelda will dress up as Sheik and show Link out of the forest. I also think Link's Coconut is really Ganondorf and Link will fight him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:19 pm 
Forum Gamer

DieHard Bob wrote:
Goombowser wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:

How did i screw up Act I? It was exactly what it was supposed to be.

Eh, way too jumpy. I think it would have done better as seperate individual videos, but it seemed mashed together as a whole. Not to say it was bad, it just wasnt what I wanted or expected.

I think act one was a perfect comedy.. Like It should have been.

And I didn't say that Dane moved. I said that someone else said something and they sounded like they thought Dane had moved... I think.

The comedy was good, I admit, but there was no structure to it. It seemed like a compilation of different videos. Even Season 1 at least had some backbone to its antics.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:09 am 
Role Player

to clear up everything I'm sorry I said Dane was moving it was an accident geez forgive me will you. Lets get back on topic.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:01 am 
Creator

Goombowser wrote:

The comedy was good, I admit, but there was no structure to it. It seemed like a compilation of different videos. Even Season 1 at least had some backbone to its antics.

I ask you, how did Season one have any more stucture than ACT I???????

The Bowser/Kamek storyline was way more plotty than anything Wario and Waluigi EVER did in season 1. Just be honest and say you wish there was more action.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:35 pm 
Forum Gamer

Richalvarez wrote:
Goombowser wrote:

The Bowser/Kamek storyline was way more plotty than anything Wario and Waluigi EVER did in season 1. Just be honest and say you wish there was more action.

That isnt it. I dont mean it need more plot. I meant it need more organization and structure to it. In Season 1, for example, before Mario and Luigi did something, they would at least say "Hey Luigi, you wanna go ride go-karts". In Act I it was just: Bam! Theyre riding bikes, then BAM! Moster Mower, ect. I dont know. Eh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:51 pm 
Freelancer

honestly, it's not that bigga deal. they could've just said it behind the scenes!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 am 
Creator

Goombowser wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
Goombowser wrote:

That isnt it. I dont mean it need more plot. I meant it need more organization and structure to it. In Season 1, for example, before Mario and Luigi did something, they would at least say "Hey Luigi, you wanna go ride go-karts". In Act I it was just: Bam! Theyre riding bikes, then BAM! Moster Mower, ect. I dont know. Eh.

The difference is that it's a movie and things need to be moving fast. Can't always have people explain what they do before they do it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:39 am 
Forum Gamer

Richalvarez wrote:
The difference is that it's a movie and things need to be moving fast. Can't always have people explain what they do before they do it.

Well, that is true.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:11 am 
Newcomer

Richalvarez wrote:

Yes, but the viewer needs to be able to analyze the situation and infer what is happening. A massive problem I had with act 1 was what happened after Mario and Luigi got out of jail. They begin racing on bikes, then discuss how they are out of jail... Realistically, one would discuss how happy they were to be out of jail before they race bikes. Watching each part of Act 1 at once, this stuck out like a sore thumb as well as the "Good Video Games" music video.
Before they began racing the bikes, someone should have said something about being out of jail. It just didn't fit and made the viewer almost completely forget that they were even in jail until the next scene when they finally discuss it.
Now, the thing I noticed about the movie, is that it was basically just an entire season of everything that might appear on the Richalvarez channel in one movie-ish format. I can most definitely understand where Goombowser is coming from. Even though there were some parts that were really, really well done, I felt like there was a lot of filler and at times I couldn't take the movie seriously.

But alas, this is a children's show, no? So perhaps I shouldn't analyze it so heavily. But the reason I am is because you intend to do more serious film and these are things that everyone would notice in serious film.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:39 am 
Freelancer

the serious film is yet to come!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:15 am 
Role Player

You know the one person I miss more than anyone else?(Besides Donkey Kong) Ness. Just Ness. That is all I need to say to justify missing him. Anyways, my prediction is that there will be a few new characters, blah blah blah, and the final epic battle will be awesome! Sorry I didn't go further into detail, its early where I am and I'm about to go to College. I may post a more in-depth prediction later on.

By the way, I LOVED Act 1. Loved it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:22 pm 
Creator

girlwithcurl0216 wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:

Yes, but the viewer needs to be able to analyze the situation and infer what is happening. A massive problem I had with act 1 was what happened after Mario and Luigi got out of jail. They begin racing on bikes, then discuss how they are out of jail... Realistically, one would discuss how happy they were to be out of jail before they race bikes. Watching each part of Act 1 at once, this stuck out like a sore thumb as well as the "Good Video Games" music video.
Before they began racing the bikes, someone should have said something about being out of jail. It just didn't fit and made the viewer almost completely forget that they were even in jail until the next scene when they finally discuss it.
Now, the thing I noticed about the movie, is that it was basically just an entire season of everything that might appear on the Richalvarez channel in one movie-ish format. I can most definitely understand where Goombowser is coming from. Even though there were some parts that were really, really well done, I felt like there was a lot of filler and at times I couldn't take the movie seriously.

But alas, this is a children's show, no? So perhaps I shouldn't analyze it so heavily. But the reason I am is because you intend to do more serious film and these are things that everyone would notice in serious film.

Yeah but remember that ACT I was intentionally random and crazy. When I move on to other films they will be a lot more sensible.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:33 pm 
Newcomer

Richalvarez wrote:
Yeah but remember that ACT I was intentionally random and crazy. When I move on to other films they will be a lot more sensible.

yeah, my first thought for Act 1 was that it was basically just an hour of complete indulgence. It really captured the essence of what Stupid Mario Brothers should have been but wasn't for a number of reason...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:20 pm 
Newcomer

I still think it was really finny thanks for making it. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next