The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: A problem with admins
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:51 am 
Landsman

I have a problem with how some members are being treated on this site. I've been looking around the forums, and trolls and bullies alike are running rampant, even on help and questions pages! What's worse, the admins and moderators are supporting the trolls!! Something needs to be done about this to ensure everyone can enjoy the forums.

http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/forum-game-rules-update-7-3-t186-15.html

In this example, many would say nintendude300 is the attacker, but that is clearly not the case. The flame war started when a user, Balloon, mocked nintendude300 because his forum game got deleted, Balloon added that Ed Edd 'n' Eddy "sucked goombas"; MC Gamer agreed and made a snyde remark about nintendude300's understandable mistake. nintendude300 retaliated with aggression against the trolls instead of backing out of the situation. Then the trolls swarmed, using nintendude's mistakes against him. At this point I sympathized with nintendude300, he clearly never dealt with a troll before. Then the administrator joined in, against the victim, mercilessly criticizing every point nintendude made. Maybe he couldn't help himself. Maybe he didn't read into the situation. But I feel administartors and moderators should be more professional on this forum. They need to work to help newcomers who made mistakes to better their experience on this forum, not mock them.

Post subject: Re: A problem with admins
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:35 am 
Commentator

Richsponge, I am a moderator on this forum. And the thread you've pointed out in such detail is from 2008, three years ago. A lot has changed since then. Please pay attention to dates and be careful not to resurrect old threads. I'm sure that, as you spend time on the forums, you'll come to see how we work nowadays. :)

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:49 am 
Landsman

Thank you. by setting a good example by kindly directing me, I'm sure nothing like what has happened will happen again

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm 
Intermediate

The only thing is, though, is that trolls and bullies don't run rampant. I wasn't around when the event you cited happened, but as Aisling mentioned, it did take place multiple years ago. Even Richi and Amph running the debate section is fine with me. And while I really don't want to take sides in an event that, in forum years, would be ancient history, but the fact is, MC and Balloon weren't trolls in that situation. And while I am not you, (and therefore I am not able to fully see your side of the argument), I see 'Nintendude300' as the aggressor for his words and immature actions.

Certainly, MC and Balloon could have handled it in a nicer way, but if there is one thing on this forums as of today, everyone respects each other's opinions, even if you completely disagree with that person.

Personally, I find nintendude300's spelling and grammar to be lacking in quality, and I have trouble taking people who use poor English mechanics seriously. I agree it is clear he was ill-prepared for taking on Balloon, MC, and anyone else involved, but that was not on the fault by MC and Balloon. However...
It's his own mistake for using "keep your comments to yourself ftard" and "by the way screw all yall who think ed edd n eddy is stupid", instead of the more politically correct (and FAR more polite): "I would request that you don't make those comments to me", and "I disagree with you all who think ed edd n eddy is stupid because there are many who support the show, such as those on this site."

Yet the fact is, stupid stuff will still happen. We try our best to keep everything civilized, but sometimes people act without thinking. For example, MC is now banned (As his signature suggests) for his immature spamming. Before then was the gBev incident (*shudders*), which went far beyond simple trolling.

I would be lying if I said that nothing bad will ever happen again on this forum.

I would also be lying if I said I did not trust the current set of moderators in their threads. Undoubtedly, I disagree with some of them in certain aspects, but nothing bad has risen out of it yet. (And I hope nothing will)

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 am 
Fan Girl

Yeah, and please leave the past behind and don't post on old threads.

Can't the admins or mods lock or delete those kind of threads?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 am 
Landsman

*shudders* I haven't been through all that stuff, but I can only imagine, because of the people involved.

I personally think the admins and stuff do a pretty good job for the most part.

What do you expect? It's teh internet, yo.